GP Wednesday - The Holidays

Ben Lamb

I know some folks here got iron for Christmas. Post them up!

Here's mine

Smith & Wesson M&P 40:

11693399073_848d7bf0c0_c.jpg

Treated myself to a Christmas gift :) Was looking for a "larger caliber rifle" and asked for suggestions on this site. Thanks to all who helped. I went with a Browning A-Bolt in a 270 caliber. Used for a few hunts.....off of Gun Broker.com. (no scope included). Really like my Browning A-Bolt 25-06 and hope that this one is just as sweet.
picture.php

good luck to all
the dog

I know some folks here got iron for Christmas. Post them up!

Here's mine

Smith & Wesson M&P 40:

11693399073_848d7bf0c0_c.jpg

I have been looking at this pistol recently. I can't decide if the model with the thumb safety is the way to go or the one with the trigger safety. any thoughts would be appreciated.Thanks

I have been looking at this pistol recently. I can't decide if the model with the thumb safety is the way to go or the one with the trigger safety. any thoughts would be appreciated.Thanks

I'm not a fan of manual safeties on a striker fired pistol. Of course it is complete user preference on whether you believe it needs a safety. One thing about the M&P manual safety is that it is small and you won't accidently flip it on but you may have trouble flipping it off when needed. Just make sure you train your brain to use the safety. If you are going to carry it appendix style a manual safety may be worth something but otherwise I see no need. Keep your finger off the trigger and you won't have to worry about a safety.

I'm mostly a revolver shooter and am used to not having a manual safety on a firearm. After putting about 200 rounds downrange with this, and having some experience with a Glock & 1911, I'd say it's just personal preference. If you practice & exercise the safety between your ears, I don't think it makes a dime's worth of difference between the manual safety and the trigger safety. It's just personal preference. Get whichever one you feel most comfortable with.

Branden - love that RRA! What scope did you put on it?

I have a Glock 20, and if you have a brain in your head and treat guns like you are supposed to you are fine. I love mine.

Ben, went with the trusty 3x9 vx-1, was very close to going Mark4 on it, just to own one. Decided I will wait until I build little B's rifle next year to do that. Will put this on his gun and get my Mark 4 then. It hit steel fine at 500 with this, and should have a dead yote already with it.

What barrel on the RRA (contour and length)? I keep waxing and waning between the varmint and predator contours, I'm leading predator....but this isn't going to be a carry rifle so I'm not sure how much I really do care about the weight.

I got a Ruger 22/45 Lite for Christmas. It is awesome and it is really light. I put a BSA red dot sight on it. Should be a great gun for plinking, hopefully get a suppressor for it next year. I also sent my Remington 700 7mm08 to the gunsmith to be converted to a 6.5 Creedmoor via Lilja barrel. I'll post pics when I get it back in a few weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_20131225_184339_305.jpg
    IMG_20131225_184339_305.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 73
I got a Ruger 22/45 Lite for Christmas. It is awesome and it is really light. I put a BSA red dot sight on it. Should be a great gun for plinking, hopefully get a suppressor for it next year. I also sent my Remington 700 7mm08 to the gunsmith to be converted to a 6.5 Creedmoor via Lilja barrel. I'll post pics when I get it back in a few weeks.

May as well send in the form 4 request now cause it will be next year before it gets approved :D:mad:

Back