Yeti GOBOX Collection

Governor Polis appoints three new members to the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission

TheGreek

Jess Beaulieu

John (Jack) Murphy

It’s about to get real bad. Gary skiba as our sportsman’s rep is laughable at best.

I’ll be at the Comission meeting in gunnison on Thursday/Friday will be interesting to see what engagement he will have with our groups

This quote from the DU Animal Law Program, which Beaulieu manages, is brutal:

Formally launched in 2021, the DU Animal Law Program is founded on a commitment to three ideals. First, the law does not adequately protect the lives, interests, and needs of animals. Despite a growing body of work documenting the sentience, cognition, and autonomy of animals, non-humans are routinely killed or harmed unnecessarily. Second, we believe that attorneys and the law have an important role to play in protecting animals and facilitating a pro-animal social change agenda.

Very bad news for hunters. I guess the upside is no one will need to worry about point creep and tag quotas when all the animal rights attorneys and activists on the commission ensure the end of routine killing of non-humans (aka hunting). How is Gary Skiba a representative of sportspersons? Am I to assume hunters are part of sportspersons? Did the Governor consult with any hunting organizations for a recommendation? I have hard time believing any of the organizations that represent hunters would recommend Gary Skiba.

Last edited:
Very bad news for hunters. I guess the upside is no one will need to worry about point creep and tag quotas when all the animal rights attorneys and activists on the commission ensure the end of routine killing of non-humans (aka hunting). How is Gary Skiba a representative of sportspersons? Am I to assume hunters are part of sportspersons? Did the Governor consult with any hunting organizations for a recommendation? I have hard time believing any of the organizations that represent hunters would recommend Gary Skiba.
We need some sort of of legitimate sportsmen's council that votes on who will represent sportsmen on the commission. The governor should not have the power to appoint. It's obvious he is stacking the deck and appointing people whose beliefs and agendas are contrary to the hunters, anglers and trappers of the state. After Polis is gone, I'd be surprised if we don't get another liberal who will carry on this agenda and eventually it will all be lost. The first to fall will be mountain lion hunting and bobcat hunting/trapping - no way they survive this commission.

My wife and I are already forming an exit strategy from CO. Things are bad in this state with most everything, not just wildlife.
And here I am having just moved home to CO after being gone for the last 15 years. We’ll have to just keep fighting all of these anti-hunting efforts. It’ll be an uphill battle for sure.

And here I am having just moved home to CO after being gone for the last 15 years. We’ll have to just keep fighting all of these anti-hunting efforts. It’ll be an uphill battle for sure.
I had the chance like you to move back home to SoCO. While I'm glad I didn't, I carry a lot of guilt because of stupid stuff like this where I can fight with you guys.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… I really hope the Republican Party is working on a moderate, non election denier, who is neutral on abortion for CO. If they are truly all three they could win.
That ship has long sailed. There will be nothing moderate about the future coming from the Denver-Boulder-FoCo metroplex of shiz. As much as I love the landscape here, I am also strongly considering a move. Sad.

the writing is on the wall. but, we're still going to enjoy good ungulate hunting for a very long time IMO.

it is a true blessing and a curse that all of mine and my wife's families are in colorado. we would've moved already if not.

the writing is on the wall. but, we're still going to enjoy good ungulate hunting for a very long time IMO.

it is a true blessing and a curse that all of mine and my wife's families are in colorado. we would've moved already if not.
You can still hunt ungulates in California. So while not great news, its not going to be 100% doom and gloom.

I'm actually more scared about all the news in Alaska over the last year and the direction things are going there as opposed to this news. So maybe that is a bright side? They could be looking to ban elk hunting on federal lands like in AK.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back