Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Colorado Parks and Wildlife looking for “Sharpshooters”

The "qualifications for "sharpshooter" are:
Those who advance through the application process then must complete a shooting qualification hitting small targets the size of an elk’s vitals at 200 and 300 yards. Those attending the qualifying shoot must hit each target three times in a row without a miss within a three minute time period.

“This qualification has proven to be difficult for even the most seasoned elk hunters,” said CPW Area Wildlife Manager Rick Basagoitia. “This standard is likely the minimum allowable standard given the difficulty of the work we need volunteers to do.”

Are freaking serious? Sharpshooter is considered if you can hit a so called SMALL TARGET 12" pie plate eg size of elk vitals at 200 and 300 yards? This is what CO considers as "sharpshooter"? Actually explains a lot about CPW.

I grew up in that country and have some first hand experience with this form of elk killing I love elk and I love to hunt them but this turkey shoot brings out the worst in humanity for sure

They should focus on that this an opportunity to harvest clean healthy meat in a human way. Creating a film that tracks the process from testing to table could show non-hunters the value of such hunts. Who cares if they stand there? Harvest them humanely, so they don’t over graze. All life needs to consume life to survive, as unpleasant as that may seem to some.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back