Yeti GOBOX Collection

Got an elk

BigBuxMT

Left on Sept. 4 at 6:00 am for a week long elk hunt and took the shot at 40 yards on this bull at 7:00 pm the night of the 4th. I double lunged him and he didn't even go 50 yards. It took me and my hunting partner 7 hours to get him out. This is the biggest bull I've ever got and with a bow.

Attachments

• Me and Elk resized.jpg
    Me and Elk resized.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 754
  • Game Cart resized.jpg
    Game Cart resized.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 750
  • Rack resized.jpg
    Rack resized.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 738
  • Jade and Elk resized.jpg
    Jade and Elk resized.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 713
Very cool, I got wetted out tis weekend. You are not making me feel better about it. thanks for the pics

Great bull. He's got tons of character thats for sure. Once they hit the ground the real work truly begins.

Thanks

Thanks for the congrats. Yeah, I think he fell on his head when he was in the velvet and done some pretty good damage to the left side. I still didn't think twice about taking the shot though. mtmiller, you probably hunt close to the same area as I do and it sucks in the rain. When it dries out the bulls will be pissing all over themselves though. It was 90 degrees the week I shot mine and probably getting close to the 30's this week. Good luck.

congrats man, it's always interesting to see how the animals hurt thier antlers, and how they heal, great character, great bull....ANY bull with a bow is a great bull.

Congrats on the bull. I shot one a few years ago with a very similar main beam.

Terry00bullII.sized.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back