Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Got a cool antelope with my kids

GearJunky

My arrow finally hit the mark, and to top it all off I had my two young kids with me (age 6 and 4). My wife is 8 months pregnant, so the hunting season has been very limited to things close to home. So tonight I thought I would take my kids for a walk and see if we could see anything cool. Well after a little walk, I spotted an antelope buck off in a small coulee. I was excited and knew it was probably a buck that I had "kissed" last week with an arrow. I drew on this buck at 70 yards, and in my excitement I settled in on my 60 yard pin. My arrow hit the very bottom of his rib cage and gave him a nice 4 inch gash, but nothing fatal. Well tonight, after stalking him for 30 minutes with my two kids, he gave me another broadside look. With my kids hiding back from me in a brush pile, i did not miss! The kids immediatly jumped out of the bushes and asked "Dad, did you get him". The goat made it about 30 yards and was dead.

Nothing like spot and stalk antelope on public ground! I guess I can leave all my nice gear at home next time... Jeans and a t-shirt seem more effective!

Attachments

• IMG_20150926_231031.jpg
    IMG_20150926_231031.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 616
  • IMG_20150926_193551903.jpg
    IMG_20150926_193551903.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 616
Great picture with the kids, congrats on the buck. Good luck with the new addition, I always told my wife that after we had three we were outnumbered and they knew it.

Wow. To do it with kids is amazing!

That buck has mass. Can you post up some more pics from the side and front?

Super cool story - my daughter would be so excited to see me take down any big game
She loves putting on my massive latex gloves and helping me process meat at home
She would be ecstatic to field dress an animal :)

Congrats on a great buck !

Thanks for all the nice words. Those are the only photos I took and now the horns are off waiting for a European mount. I did measure the length of the horns last night and the longer one is 13 inches. I have never killed a goat, so not sure how he ranks. Just excited I got it done. Also the one cutter is busted off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back