Good Ol’ Days vs. Today?

“Good Ol’ Days” vs. Today

• Old Days

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Today

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters

Hammsolo

Another post spurred this thought… Would you rather hunt during the old days or today? No loop holes! It’s you in one situation or another. No you can’t bring your boots back with you! This doesn’t involve people either. I know we all want our Ol’ Buddies with us wherever we go. It’s just you.

If it’s just me, good ole days about 15 years ago. I had way more drive and less on my mind distracting me while hunting.
I could go for days at a time without thinking of anything other than the hunt and my immediate surroundings.

For what and who?
Well for the past few years for me and elk. Was talking with my dad the other day (with who I always spend a week in the hills during archery). The times that we have spent in the elk woods in the past few years will forever go down in the books as "the good ol days" for us. That's for sure.

I think peoples' perception of the good old days changes depending on the company they keep, where they find themselves hunting, and a plethora of other factors that change from year to year.

You may have had a hunting party that just jived and happened into a sweet area for animals for a few years. To you that may go down in the books as the good ol days. For another person it may be a different timeframe for other reasons. For personal reasons, some of which I have mentioned, these last few years will undoubtedly go down in the books as "the good ol days" for me and my hunting party.

I would take the 90's over now every time and twice on Sunday but where I was growing up in the 70's hunting wasn't that great. Going elk hunting seemed like an exotic pipe dream.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back