MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Good luck

DHaffner

I thought I better introduce myself since I'm new on this forum. My first love for hunting developed decoying waterfowl...

P9281560.jpg

2010pictures064.jpg

but as I've improved my ability to fool birds, I've been spending more and more time looking for other challenges.

I've lucked out and been able to harvest some deer and pronghorns but I'll have to admit I'm a newbie to Elk...

PA011024.jpg

PB070168.jpg

My only successful draw on an elk tag has been a very low success rate late november archery hunt in Custer State Park, SD. I had an amazing time and could have filled on several cows...

PB230224.jpg

but I held out for a bull and unfortunatley was busted at 100yds by a brute on my best opportunity.

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck on the 2011 Wyoming draw!

Wow, if you get the hang of elk hunting the way you have it figured out on the waterfowl, the wapiti could be in big trouble. Welcome.

Thanks, I'm really lucky, we have world class bird hunting in SD, and some pretty good Big game hunting. Although, the oportunity on elk is very limited... I guess that just adds to the challenge!

Thanks guys, I live in Sioux Falls. I wish I could claim that is a SD goat, but I had to head over to Wyoming to find him. My brother got back from a tour of duty that took him to Iraq and Afghanistan and he wanted to go on a North American safari when he got home, so we went to Wyoming and SD, where we were lucky enough to fill all three of our tags in 2 days. It was a great welcome home to say the least... Here are his two bucks he got on the trip...

SD goat
PA021029.jpg

Wyoming goat
PA011009.jpg

I definately learn something every trip I go on, I wouldn't say I have too much figured out, but do find that the harder we work the luckier we get!

Tell your brother thanks for his service and if you stop into the Scheels store say hi to my brother and his son as they both work there.Love the muley, building points now to take a run at getting one of them.

Welcome. You look like you have a passion for hunting. Your came to the right place. Would love to see more waterfowl pics. Are you addicted to spring snowgoose yet?

Unfortunately my busy time at work hits March 15th so I don't get alot of time to chase them on the spring migration... but the trade off is lots of time off in the fall! Here are some more Waterfowl pics...

PA081578.jpg

PC130269-1.jpg

PB100183.jpg

Canada2009010.jpg

2010pictures066.jpg

823558-R1-014-5A_002.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics! Thanks for sharing. I've been over to your country in the last three spring seasons. No doubt you live in the waterfowl meca! I think I'm passing on this spring season to concentrate on black bear and horn hunting.:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back