PEAX Equipment

goHUNT-Randy-onX

So Randy- can you transfer all your waypoints from OnX over to GoHunt maps? Or are you going to have to start over?

Very easy. Export in one to a folder. Import the folder on goHUNT, and it is all there.

No. They are just getting some new, and apparently pretty stiff, competition. OnX has responded by announcing new 3D map capability to help match this new competitive threat. Several threads on here already about this - suggest you read up on them if you want the full story.

I guess it will be interesting to see it once they work out all the bugs but so far, I'm not a huge fan. I have two main gripes

1. I have to turn on all of the layers every time I log back into my account. Don't know if this is a user issue on my end or part of the system, but saving all the settings would be sweet.

2. The access layer does some weird stuff that doesn't make sense to me or isn't correct. When I turn on the State Trust Land Access layer for NM, it turns some parcels of private land blue. The private land parcels I've noticed this on are gated/locked and do not allow any access, or don't have any state trust land adjacent to them at all. This would be especially problematic if the phone app shows a private land parcel as blue while out in the field. As I zoom out, I'm seeing a lot of private land that turns blue with this layer on.

Since this is still beta, does anyone know if there is a specific link to report issues to GoHunt?

-Guy

1. Agree. I gave them this feedback as well. They are currently working on an enhancement for this which should be live within the next few weeks.

2. That is good feedback that they would love to hear from you. You can send to [email protected]

Some have touched on this already, but I think limiting themselves to the West will stifle growth of the platform. I currently use GE and OnX, which I find pretty handy for Missouri & Kansas in addition to the western states.

Honesly I think Bing maps has the best platform and images (including month and dates of said images), so maybe gohunt should hook up with them to persuade me to give up on onx lol

Will we be having an “Ask your GoHunt Questions Here” thread that GoHunt monitors similar to OnX and Alpacka?

Transferring waypoints from onX was a snap. Looking forward to using the goHUNT tool in the field as the desktop versions are quite helpful.

I use both OnX and GoHunt. Bummed to hear that none of my photos, colors or special labels in OnX will transfer over to GoHunt. Everything comes over, but not the customizations.

Has GoHunt's mobile mapping service gone live yet? I saw they had some difficulties in its release in the fall, but haven't heard anything since then.
Ya it seems like every where I go someone is talking about using it but I can’t find the mobile app and define wont let you open the mapping on your phone if any one hears definitive answer on this would love to get on there and see if I will be dropping onX or dropping gohunt or do I continue to act like a baller and keep both lol

I believe they’re supposed to be working on it. If I remember correctly they wanted to have it ready to go last hunting season but it wasn’t there. Hopefully they get all the bugs worked out and get it released fairly soon. Who the hell uses a computer anymore. If they don’t have a mobile app version that competes with onx it really doesn’t matter how good their computer base version is.

Back