Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

goHUNT Mobile Maps comments sought in this thread

Currently have on x but been thinking of making the switch do they have the the state chips that can be purchased like on x so it can be used with a gps?

Currently have on x but been thinking of making the switch do they have the the state chips that can be purchased like on x so it can be used with a gps?
They don’t do GPS chips, just mobile apps and web. Your phone is a GPS so no need to carry a GPS.

Just tried it out and like @Big Fin said in his podcast, I too found elk last season where the layers said they'd be. Pretty nifty!

The only improvement with this (and other layers) that I like to see is the ability to adjust transparency within the "about this location" popup when you click on something.

Also, is it just me, or is OnX much more high-def with their imaging?

Hey Everyone! My name is Dave Barnett and I am the Research Content Manager here at goHUNT. I wanted to jump into this thread to provide answers for any questions anyone may have with any of our platforms.

We are very excited about the new Terrain Analysis and I've been having a blast using it with my own scouting. I'm pumped to see all of the great feedback so far!

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any and all questions, thank you!

Just tried it out and like @Big Fin said in his podcast, I too found elk last season where the layers said they'd be. Pretty nifty!

The only improvement with this (and other layers) that I like to see is the ability to adjust transparency within the "about this location" popup when you click on something.

Glad to hear you've enjoyed it! I have had a blast checking out known animal hideouts of mine and cross-referencing them with the tool. My e-scouting has definitely gotten quicker and more focused!

Interesting note on your feedback, I will pass this along to the team for sure.

We are currently working with our partners within the mapping platform to hopefully secure new satellite imagery soon. We definitely understand the need for high-quality imagery and this is an important one to us.

Thank you again for the feedback, we love hearing all of it!

It depends on the area. Some spots GoHunt is more recent than even Google Earth, other spots ONX has better maps.

It depends on the area. Some spots GoHunt is more recent than even Google Earth, other spots ONX has better maps.
Looking at some WY stuff near the Utah border, and man... it's blurry. Crystal clear on OnX

Glad to hear you've enjoyed it! I have had a blast checking out known animal hideouts of mine and cross-referencing them with the tool. My e-scouting has definitely gotten quicker and more focused!

Interesting note on your feedback, I will pass this along to the team for sure.

We are currently working with our partners within the mapping platform to hopefully secure new satellite imagery soon. We definitely understand the need for high-quality imagery and this is an important one to us.

Thank you again for the feedback, we love hearing all of it!
Dave, one last suggestion. If a person chooses a certain unit with layers on, it would be awesome to have the ability to turn off layers around that unit, just to get a clear perspective on boundaries, etc.

Any plans for it to be fully integrated on iPad? Would be great at base camp
Good question! This is definitely something we have talked about but with current projects and goals, this is a lower priority at the moment. I will definitely be passing this along to the team though, customer feedback is exactly how we grow!

Repeating a post from a similar thread…I am currently using both OnX and Gohunt and I do like some of the features of Gohunt better than OnX, enough that I will probably use both in the field. I have two requests…one, can you make an app that is optimized for tablets? For research (e-scouting) I prefer a bigger screen and the iPhone app does not fit an iPad screen well and is clunky. Second, in trying to work around this limitation I am using the web map Gohunt site and I don’t see any way to select topo or hybrid maps whereas on a laptop or desktop computer I can select the type of map - is there a hidden menu or the functionality was skipped for mobile browsers?

Repeating a post from a similar thread…I am currently using both OnX and Gohunt and I do like some of the features of Gohunt better than OnX, enough that I will probably use both in the field. I have two requests…one, can you make an app that is optimized for tablets? For research (e-scouting) I prefer a bigger screen and the iPhone app does not fit an iPad screen well and is clunky. Second, in trying to work around this limitation I am using the web map Gohunt site and I don’t see any way to select topo or hybrid maps whereas on a laptop or desktop computer I can select the type of map - is there a hidden menu or the functionality was skipped for mobile browsers?
Bringing this post over from the other thread for users over here.

Thank you for the question! We have received some feedback on optimizing the app for tablets as well. With some of our current projects, this is a lower priority at the moment, but a priority nonetheless. I will certainly be passing this along!

Yes, while using the web map app on a tablet you will notice that the lower extent of the screen can be tricky at times. We have found that NOT having additional tabs open while viewing the map is best and does allow you to utilize the base map toggles. Additionally, even with extra tabs open, you can use the scroll bar on the right-hand side of the screen to scroll the page down to access the tools as well. Please let me know if either of those works for you.

All good feedback here!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back