PEAX Equipment

Go-To Rifle?

I shoot all my Elk during archery season. But I do have my back-up. Which leads me to this question; any of you ever heard of this happening??

I was checking the sighting on my Rem .300 Ulta Mag,,,got the limited edition RMEF synthetic. Anyway,,I was resting on my tail-gate,,,with sand bags,,,and the muzzle was about 18" from the back of my truck. First shot and the muzzle-blast sucked my trucks taillight lens AND bulb right out of it. Sucked a baseball size chunk of the lense the bulb out!! Live and learn huh??

I always start out with my Browning A-Bolt in 7mm mag with a Leupold VariX III in 4.5x-14x. If I change from that rifle it is for either my #1 in .338 wmag or my Model 70 in 375 H&H.

When the chips are down, I'll use my Savage Mod.110 .30/06...My dad gave it to me about 20 years ago..Its the one I used in Wyoming...

Hunterman(Tony)

Calif. Hunter mine has a clip too. the rifle will hold 4 (1 in the chamber, and 3 in the clip. It is a sweet rifle. I should post a picture of it for everyone to see. We should compare rifle pictures. Nice to hear that someone else has a rifle similar to mine.
biggrin.gif

Quick Draw

If someone said " we're going hunting", but wouldn't tell me what for, I'd split my choice. East of the Miss. river it would be my 7mm/08, synthetic stocked, Ruger 77. West, My 7mm Mag Weatherby hands down!

Elkmaster, I would be more inclined to think that the concussion from the muzzle blast knocked a chunk of the taillight out and the vaccuum created from the passage of the bullet sucked it down range..

cool.gif

I like my 300 WTHBY Mag...It was built in the sixties and has a Redfield on it...
I have been hunting with it for four years and have five shots at animals and five animals in the freezer!!!
smile.gif

That would be good Wally...
I have a four day weekend comming up the week of Christmas and another one comming up New Years!!!
biggrin.gif

For elk, I prefer an Easton 2413 topped with a Thunderhead. Nothing better than seeing the nock disappear into an elk!

If archery doesn't pan out.....Then out comes the old Ruger 300 winny, 180 grn hornady handload, Burris 3-9. This is backed up by my grandfathers Remington 721 30-06 topped with a redfield 2-7. 150 grain Hornady handload.

All tip over elk effectively.

I like my 270. Shoots straight,light, and doesn't kick my ass either.
tongue.gif

My god, I had to look again at the site, I thought that I had gotten into 24hour campfire, for a sec. You know the post.

( WHATS EVERYBODY'S FAVORITE TRUCK FOR ROAD HUNTING? ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back