Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Glue

mtmuley

Have a pair of Lowas and the last is starting to separate from the leather. What can I use or should I head for a repair shop. Boots are only a few months old. mtmuley

If they are that new and you want a full life out of them, I might bite the bullet and actually take them to the repair shop this time? I feel like a DIY fix might be less likely to last long term, but I’m no cobbler.

Speak with the seller, I'm assuming they're retail. Next step cobbler, the closest here is 20 miles away if they're still in business.

With them being that new I'd get in touch with Lowa and see what they say. I imagine they weren't cheap and that shouldn't be happening so soon. Or you can go the Shoe Goo route. That stuff works pretty well.

They should be covered under warranty, but if they shaft you like they did me you’ll want to use FreeSole.

I definitely don't have the diy skills for something like this. I was hoping to learn some or find out if lowa is a brand that stands behind their product. Good luck on the fix!

Haven't done anything yet. This is the problem I have. Might be best left to a repair shop. mtmuley View attachment 230280
If the repair is prohibitively expensive and Lowa won't cover it, I'd bet that a little bit of the sealant I recommended would stop that separation and last for the life of the boots. I had a pair of Asolos that started to separate at the toe cap after a year or two. I squirted some 3M 5200 in the gap between the leather and rubber, wrapped it with duct tape to hold the gap closed, then let it sit for a week. I retired those boots 6-7 years later after the midsoles rotted, but the toe cap repair was still holding strong.

FWIW, FreeSole is what a shoe repair shop would use for rand separation.

Still, check with Lowa, they might surprise you. I once monkeyed with a pair of shoes, and the cobbler said, you know, they would have replaced them, no questions asked. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Still, check with Lowa, they might surprise you. I once monkeyed with a pair of shoes, and the cobbler said, you know, they would have replaced them, no questions asked. Doesn't hurt to ask.
I'll do that. Love the boots. mtmuley

Definitely check. I don’t know Lowas policies but someone I hunt with had a pair of Solomons do just what your picture showed and they sent him a full price msrp gift card for their site.

The boots are warranty for 2 years which are stamped on the boot and they stood behind it. He got to keep the boots which he bought of a discount site and still got the full price gift card.

Never hurts to call

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back