Giving up on a dream for now

Nut

Well I was going to save my pennies so I could go on the HuntTalk Africa trip in 2005. It would have been fuggin fantatsic. However I also figured out that I would not have many other good hunts if I tried for a hunt in Africa.

I have never hunted elk,antelope,bear,caribou,mule deer and many other North American game. I figured that I could do a elk hunt and a bear hunt and numerous other hunts here instead. Hopefully with some of the members of Moosie's.

Maybe by the time I am 50 I will go to Africa but I think I should experience these other hunts first.

Am I getting it right?

Thanks Bill. I thought of you and Michele when I posted the thread.
wink.gif

Nut you can come down here anytime ,but all we have are a few deer and turkeys and maybe a hog or 2

There ya go Nut. Eastern deer, turkeys and maybe a hog.

If you are interested in Wyoming. The apps are out in December and need to be in by the end of January for elk.

I took the same attitude, Nut; there's a lot I want to do here and I can't afford both. JJHack and others offer some pretty good deals on African trips, but even the travel is mucho. Maybe we'll both go when you're 50!
wink.gif

LOL JB.... Vipe would take that and spend it on gambling.
eek.gif

Plus I have a plan. I keep telling my boys that for my 50th birthday they can pay for me to go Africa.
wink.gif
After all the hunting excursions I have takien them on and paid for them it would be fair?

Yep Darren I would gladly go to Africa with you.
wink.gif

Hey Nut,,A bunch of us are going to invated LB, and Elkhunter on a cow elk hunt this Nov.I'll be there starting the week before Thanksgiving until Quick Draw and I get 2 cows,,,come on over
biggrin.gif

Hunterman(Tony)

I agree with you Nut. Africa would be fun, but right now I would rather chase big game in the mountains. I figure I can drive around after African game when I am too old to climb the hills
wink.gif

Miller has the Right Idea...

I think you should focus on Cheaper hunts and harder hunts while you're still young .. Errrrrr I mean "Younger"
wink.gif

That being said.. I'lltake lots of pictures to share
footinmouth.gif

yeah TK is always willign i am going with him next year when he lives here, and i better shoot a record book 30"+ buck or i'm gunna kick ur ass j/k
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nut dreams don't have time limits. Do like JB said keep puttting a little back and some day you'll have it.

I agree, do the more physically demanding hunts first, then the easier ones. However, I don't by that it is cheaper to hunt stateside. Giving equitable services and accomadations I found (when putting pen to paper) that Africa is MUCH cheaper per animal that hunting in North America. However, one can hunt MUCH cheaper in North America, but it is not with as much attention to your comfort or 'plush' extras.

FWIW, I too gave up a dream recently, so I know how hard the decision can be.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-03-2003 16:54: Message edited by: 1_pointer ]</font>

Nut, a DREAM is a DREAM until it comes true. Then its a memory. Sometimes dreams are better than memories. Don't ever give up on your dreams. My big dream is to Hunt ELK, don't know if it will ever come true but its till a dream. Another one involves Jamie Lee Curtis and
drool.gif
oops....

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-03-2003 18:33: Message edited by: Whiskers ]</font>

Back