Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Gift Ideas under $100

Maybe some reusable game bags, steripen with lithium batteries or other water filtration system you have had your eye on, footprint for a tent or tarp, rain fly for your hunting pack, bino harness, state park pass or national parks pass.

The adults in my family are doing a Secret Santa and I'm having a hard time being motivated in creating a list. I like buying my own hunting and outdoor stuff. So I turn to the folks around the Fireside for motivation...What things under $100 value do I not know that I want?

FWIW i'm not talking White Elephant...Maybe that deserves its own thread?
Good Reusable Game Bags? (or more of them)
A good stropping compound and leather strop.
Some Good Books - lots of good hunting, survival, bushcraft books.
A classic Buck 110 if you don't have one.
Camp Shoes?(just got myself a set for camp and after using them while butchering 2 caribou I'm impressed)
Some nice Socks - SealSkinz(for emergency) or DarnTough.
Collapsible Alcohol Flask for the mountains.
Additional Dry Bags
Battery Bank or solar charger if you are into those items.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I'll try to come back with more later.

Good Reusable Game Bags? (or more of them)
A good stropping compound and leather strop.
Some Good Books - lots of good hunting, survival, bushcraft books.
A classic Buck 110 if you don't have one.
Camp Shoes?(just got myself a set for camp and after using them while butchering 2 caribou I'm impressed)
Some nice Socks - SealSkinz(for emergency) or DarnTough.
Collapsible Alcohol Flask for the mountains.
Additional Dry Bags
Battery Bank or solar charger if you are into those items.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I'll try to come back with more later.
I like the strop idea. It's one of those things I always forget I need until I actually need it.

Folstaf wading staff has been one of my favorite things for years. I got it for steelhead fishing but use it for everything. Most recently came in handy for packing elk out in slippery snow. Folds up compactly, lightweight, does not have weak joints like other models and can be found for under 100.

I like the strop idea. It's one of those things I always forget I need until I actually need it.
I got a nice Delta Fine Hone Field Strop and some black compound of DLT - like $35-$40 and thats what I keep in my field kit. At home I have a big strop. I need to get something more aggressive for when I need to work a blade a little more - I'd like to get some stones of some sort.

A Jade Pendant does the same thing in the field and would be another cool idea.

Here are some of the things that have been on my lists before if that gives you any ideas..
Boot wax
extra knife sharpener
headlamp
fuel for stove
umai bags or sausage maker wrap for dry aging meat
Fire starter
Down booties
Some materials for projects you have in mind (diy hammock, sleeping bag, tent, etc)
Thermal blanket for grill

Back