Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Gianforte Signs HB 228 and HB 356 Today In Belgrade

Don’t entangle the 2nd amendment (I consider myself to be a strong supporter), the NRA and Gianforte with strong hunting and access rights. Gianforte-good for the assault rifle and millionaire crowd, bad for hunting, hunting access, big game and stream access.
I may not like “black guns” or see a use for them, but I’ll be damned if I could ever sanction “melting high cap mag” or sanction giving anything up to the anti crowd.

What are their thoughts on fwp mule deer management?
The kids are concerned about having 7 mule deer doe tags in their pocket and not being able to hose down a whole herd with their AR-15. Opportunities we can’t give up. Those little turds think it’s their birth right.

Wow, this is getting pretty nasty and personal. I think there's a rule about that.

The Gov supports 2A and folks get upset?

And I like beautiful walnut, blued steel, and shotguns with two barrels.

If we don't hang together we shall surely hang separately.

the anti crowd

This is a new article re an interview with Gabby Giffords. The aim is to get rid of all "guns", not just reduce their number, or impose certain restrictions.

"All told, Giffords staffers and volunteers have spent 50,000 hours lobbying in D.C. and 30 states."

"Giffords and its allies have been able to pass 525 state-level laws restricting access to firearms over the last decade—nothing to sneeze at in the least. Her youth-organizing program just turned five and has about 75 alumni who continue to work in their local communities. And 460 Giffords-backed candidates have been elected to state or federal office, according to the group’s accounting. "Inch by inch. Capitals, capitals, capitals,” Giffords says in describing the incremental and far-flung set of goals."

As we wrap our interview in her office, I ask how she keeps coming back to a challenge so deeply ingrained in politics. She pauses for 12 pregnant seconds.

“No more guns,” she says.

Ambler, her aide and adviser, tries to clarify that she means no more gun violence, but Giffords is clear about what she’s saying. “No, no, no,” she says. “Lord, no.” She pauses another 32 seconds. “Guns, guns, guns. No more guns. Gone.”

This is a new article re an interview with Gabby Giffords. The aim is to get rid of all "guns", not just reduce their number, or impose certain restrictions.

"All told, Giffords staffers and volunteers have spent 50,000 hours lobbying in D.C. and 30 states."

"Giffords and its allies have been able to pass 525 state-level laws restricting access to firearms over the last decade—nothing to sneeze at in the least. Her youth-organizing program just turned five and has about 75 alumni who continue to work in their local communities. And 460 Giffords-backed candidates have been elected to state or federal office, according to the group’s accounting. "Inch by inch. Capitals, capitals, capitals,” Giffords says in describing the incremental and far-flung set of goals."

As we wrap our interview in her office, I ask how she keeps coming back to a challenge so deeply ingrained in politics. She pauses for 12 pregnant seconds.

Ambler, her aide and adviser, tries to clarify that she means no more gun violence, but Giffords is clear about what she’s saying. “No, no, no,” she says. “Lord, no.” She pauses another 32 seconds. “Guns, guns, guns. No more guns. Gone.”all guns gone is her goal—she was shot in the head along with a bunch of other unarmed civilians! A 9 yo girl was also shot and killed by the same guy….with a 30 rd high capacity magazine. I’ll bet better than half the country wants to do away with assault weapons.

Ambler, her aide and adviser, tries to clarify that she means no more gun violence, but Giffords is clear about what she’s saying. “No, no, no,” she says. “Lord, no.” She pauses another 32 seconds. “Guns, guns, guns. No more guns. Gone.”
What do you expect from a politician that was shot in the back (of the head) by a crazy with a with a *30 rd clip*? I wish the assault weapons crowd had no interest or association with hunting

Apparently even Donald Trump thought it was a wise move to rein in the ability of mass murder by assault rifles when he banned bump stocks. First federal gun control in a long time…from DJT, not democrats

What do you expect from a politician that was shot in the back (of the head) by a crazy with a with a *30 rd clip*? I wish the assault weapons crowd had no interest or association with hunting

Giffords appears to make no distinction between the "assault weapons crowd" and hunters. The expressly-stated goal is to have all firearms gone. Also sounds like the shooter used a 9mm pistol (which Joe says will "blow your lungs out"), and was reported to have some issues:

"Dupnik said the shooter had previous run-ins with the law and had threatened to kill someone before.

There had been "difficulties" at Pima Community College where Loughner attended, Dupnik said. One student, who had a poetry class with Loughner, said he would often act "wildly inappropriate."

"One day he started making comments about terrorism and laughing about killing the baby," classmate Don Coorough told ABC News, referring to a discussion about abortions. "The rest of us were looking at him in shock… I thought this young man was troubled."

Loughner reportedly recently made several YouTube videos with walls of text protesting the government and ranting against low literacy rates and illegitimate currency.

"Hello, my name is Jared Lee Loughner. This video is my introduction to you!" one video, uploaded Dec. 15, says. "My favorite activity is conscience dreaming; the greatest inspiration for my political business information. Some of you don't dream -- sadly... My ambition -- is for informing literate dreamers about a new currency; in a few days, you know I'm conscience dreaming! Thank you!"

In another video, he accuses the government of mind control via grammar.

Early on, investigators realized Loughner was more likely a demented young man acting alone than a terrorist or member of any conspiracy.

His internet postings, including bizarre YouTube videos, suggested a mental breakdown. Friends described him as a weird guy with "alternate realities" and "dream worlds." Personal papers revealed an obsession with Giffords that may have dated to when Loughner confronted her during a visit to his high school, asking, "If words could not be understood, then what does government mean?"

From another article:

In his four-minute video, the 22-year-old former Pima student calls illegal the “war we are currently in”, presumably referring to the U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He rambles about mind control and says he is “pissed off” about a B he got in sociology and that he will be homeless because of the college. He can be heard breathing hard as he walks.

“This is genocide in America. Thank you. This is Jared from Pima College,” Loughner states before the video ends.

Pima Community College said Loughner was suspended after five incidents involving campus police and library disruptions and discovery of an online video he made that officials found disturbing.

Last edited:

If I'd been shot in the back of the head I'd probably have some different feelings about firearms (or certain types of firearms) as well. I'm not an "assault weapons" guy (just a "Fudd" as some of the ardent pro-2A people call hunters), but when the goal of at least one anti-gun group is to ban all firearms, then certain state governors may take certain precautions, like Montana's did.

If I'd been shot in the back of the head I'd probably have some different feelings about firearms (or certain types of firearms) as well. I'm not an "assault weapons" guy (just a "Fudd" as some of the ardent pro-2A people call hunters), but when the goal of at least one anti-gun group is to ban all firearms, then certain state governors may take certain precautions, like Montana's did.
I appreciate your understanding and ability to put yourself in someone else’s shoes. I am an avid lifelong hunter, gun owner/enthusiast- the OP’s unsolicited Gianforte publicity made me angry. Seems to me he has been not a good politician for the general hunting public. I’m disappointed in my self for helping this 2nd amendment thread get so much airtime. Sorry if I offended anybody but if I did I wouldn’t like in person anyways. I have 4 very nice semiautomatic hunting firearms among others. I think assault weapons look fun, cool, indestructible, powerful and I’ve almost bought one a handful of times. Now, I just don’t want to own or waste money on a gun designed for ‘on the offense’, people killing…with a high capacity magazine! Ill defend my castle just fine with a shotgun.

I think Greg Gianforte SUCKS for many reasons that don’t begin to touch on my 2nd amendment rights-most notably for me, elk management, hunting access to private land, and stream access through private land. During his first term he let his true colors shine on the issues listed above, now he’s just trying to get re-elected…but since you used the 2nd amendment to promote Gianforte- What makes you knuckleheads think a hunting forum wants to hear you promote Giantforehead over his obvious partisan support for unrestricted production, use and ownership of assault rifles? I have hunted with and owned many rifles, shotguns and handguns in my lifetime. As the parent of two daughters ages 2 and 6 I’d love to see every high capacity magazine in this country melted. Every time I see someone display their love for an assault rifles, I think to myself, ‘wow, that skin headed, tattoo covered a*****e daydreams of killing his fellow citizens in combat under the banner of patriotic duty to DJT. What will actually happen is this guy will get a DUI, lose his job driving a garbage truck and be forced to sell his assault rifle to a future school shooter so that he can continue to afford his bud light and legal bills. If you drool over modern military weaponry, grow a set and join the military. My passionate rant and stereotype.
Wow this is exactly why we need to vote for politicians that protect 2A. You have no understanding of the second amendment( hint it wasn’t created so you could have a 30-6 to hunt deer). Define an “assault “ rifle for me please. Let me guess, a gun that looks scary and all military and stuff?if someone shoots you in the back of the head I think the last thing you would be concerned with is if they had a “high capacity “ magazine

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back