PEAX Equipment

Getting the boys out

rmyoung1

I managed to carve out time from my growing boys’ busy schedules and head back to Wyoming & Montana for some elk hunting. Yeah, they missed some school. I’m not apologizing. 😁

We hunted some new areas and some familiar ones and had a great time with 3 generations of Youngs in the field. It’s been an awesome Thanksgiving already. Lots to be thankful for over here!
70359D21-F7A9-4CAE-884D-7D19E47AE4E4.jpegE2C6600F-6A40-4A80-83C5-A124DBD66E69.jpegA417E9F0-267E-4948-84EB-580308B1D5B1.jpeg03ECD540-DD06-4BB2-AE4C-EB3FBD18E21D.jpegE0C41092-7407-4400-A43F-7B4C1CA3B98F.jpeg

Last edited:
Good job. I'm right there with you on letting the boys miss school to go hunting. I get a lot of flack from coworkers for letting them miss so much school in the fall to hunt, but that time and memories can never be replaced. And guess what, they still get good grades and pass all there classes all while making memories and putting meat in the freezer.

Absolutely awesome! I cannot wait for my son to be able to shoot an elk! I hope he helps in the kitchen as well! I swear half of loving to hunt in adulthood, is knowing what to do once you shoot one, as a kid.

My oldest is only 8 but he LOVES to cut cook and eat elk and deer. It’s the patience of hunting he struggles with. Haha!

Big congrats!

Last edited:
Good job. I'm right there with you on letting the boys miss school to go hunting. I get a lot of flack from coworkers for letting them miss so much school in the fall to hunt, but that time and memories can never be replaced. And guess what, they still get good grades and pass all there classes all while making memories and putting meat in the freezer.
We speak the same language, howie. I’m a believer in education, but perfect attendance always seemed like a misplaced priority. 😀

Great stuff - so awesome to see three generations hunting and enjoying the outdoors together!!

Glad I’m not the only Dad who checks his kids out to go hunting. Life is too short, and time is too precious to miss opportunities where memories can be made.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back