Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Gardiner Bighorn Sheep die off, possible closure HD 305

Everyone I know thinks the same about you Tony. But I did hear your group stepped up big on the Youth Conservation Expo. Great job with that!

Not to worried about "everyone you know" Paul. The expo is a good deal, how much are putting up?

You should get involved in some issues, maybe come to a meeting to get started? April 27th FWP wardens will be there with a presentation on poaching cases. Let me know if you need a ride.

Last edited:
Everyone I know thinks the same about you Tony. But I did hear your group stepped up big on the Youth Conservation Expo. Great job with that!

Lets see............Tony: = President of Ravalli County Fish & Wildlife association.

........................Paul.= President of ??????????????

:W:

Any group is only as good as its leadership, and I was impressed enough with the things that tjones and shoots-straight were doing to become a life member of RCFWA.

Thanks to those guys, I am able to stay on top of the issues facing Montana Sportsmen and the issues that impact wildlife and hunting there.

Keep up the good work guys...you're knocking it out of the park.

Boy we love to jump to all kinds of conclusions without many hard facts. Sure we can come to assumptions all day. I disagree with the folks saying "he should be charged with poaching every dead sheep." Ha, what he's done may not be right but unless I'm wrong we don't know for sure his sheep caused the problem and he's within his rights to do everything he's done whether you like it or not. We can't control everyone because we think they are wrong. If he has beef with FWP and wants to put sheep out on his place then so be it, that's his right. I personally wouldn't do that but the way this country is run at the moment and he can if he wants. I'll make my judgement of the man once I've gotten all sides of the story and not just one. Has the Wild Sheep Foundation taken any steps to improve this situation?

Last edited:
"Rights" are a worn out line.

I'm a pretty staunch supporter of people rights as well, property rights, personal rights, etc.

However, when your "rights" start to infringe on mine, then you better expect some push-back. Also, when rights are taken to the extent that Hoppe took his that threaten a public resource, impact hunting opportunities for others, etc. then guys like him shouldn't be shocked when the public grows tired of his "rights". He also shouldn't be shocked when the hunting public pursues legislative relief to take away Hoppes "rights" that he clearly abused. Rights come with responsibility and can be taken away.

I would like to see some legislation to protect our public wildlife from those that seem to have a real problem with understanding their "rights", and how to act responsibly when exercising same...

Guys like Hoppe do nothing positive for anyone.

Boy we love to jump to all kinds of conclusions without many hard facts. Sure we can come to assumptions all day. I disagree with the folks saying "he should be charged with poaching every dead sheep." Ha, what he's done may not be right but unless I'm wrong we don't know for sure his sheep caused the problem and he's within his rights to do everything he's done whether you like it or not. We can't control everyone because we think they are wrong. If he has beef with FWP and wants to put sheep out on his place then so be it, that's his right. I personally wouldn't do that but the way this country is run at the moment and he can if he wants. I'll make my judgement of the man once I've gotten all sides of the story and not just one. Has the Wild Sheep Foundation taken any steps to improve this situation?

Do you ever hope to draw a sheep tag?

Why is his right to start biological warfare interfere with my privilege to draw a bighorn sheep tag bigger and better?

Last edited:
Not to worried about "everyone you know" Paul. The expo is a good deal, how much are putting up?

You should get involved in some issues, maybe come to a meeting to get started? April 27th FWP wardens will be there with a presentation on poaching cases. Let me know if you need a ride.

I'll start a new thread to answer your questions Tony.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back