Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Game/meat bags

Muskeez

So I have played around with different sizes of pillow cases, etc. - but they get bulky and heavy. What brand of bags are the lightest weight yet durable enough to pack out an elk in. The smaller they compact down the better. THANKS!

T.A.G. bags are also top quality game bags . Not cheap but reusable and very tough. Actually dragged one almost a mile,after washing them up couldn't tell what bag had been dragged.

i buy the cabelas large quarters bag and they work great but i will also add i take 4 for a elk hunt and vacuum seal them and my small knife sharpener and 50' paracord in a bag, really helps reduce size and keeps bags dry and light

Caribou Game Bags.

I have have and use both Caribou and TAG bags and prefer the Caribou. The sewing on the caribou bags is a lot nicer and I find they dry out faster when washing them in the field. the only issue I have with the caribou bags is the draw cord tends to fray easily causing the cord lock to jam up.

I also find flies have an easier time chewing holes through the TAG bags.

I just picked up the last wapiti kit that out Sportsmans had so I'm hoping they're all that I've read they are

Geez, I just use big commercial trash bags and fill my pack with meat. Anyone care to explain the need for these expensive bags?

Where I'm going they may need to hang in the shade for 1-3 days, so they need to be able to breath,... right?

Alaska game bags I got from RMEF and a few Caribous I found. Heavy and indistructable. Excellent for cooling and hanging meat.
Light mesh bags for pack outs,cut meat.

Where I'm going they may need to hang in the shade for 1-3 days, so they need to be able to breath,... right?
Agreed and I'm looking to pick up some Caribou Bags. That said, one can use trashbags, I just make sure to lay the meat out in a shady spot. My elk stayed like that for 2.5 days this year and kept just fine.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back