Game and Fish Employees Attacked Near Arizona-Mexico Border

noharleyyet

June 17, 2009.

From the Arizona Game and Fish Department:

Three government agency employees, including an officer with the Arizona Game and Fish Department, another Game and Fish employee, and an employee with Pima County Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation, were fired upon on June 11 by a group of men they encountered while scouting the area for a land access project in southern Arizona.

None of the agency employees were injured.

The three were riding all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) on a road through a small canyon area about four miles east of Arivaca Lake when they encountered a group described as at least four Hispanic males dressed in camouflage.

According to Leonard Ordway, supervisor for Game and Fish’s Tucson region, two of the individuals in camouflage immediately fled a short distance up a hill and dropped down in the grass upon the encounter, while the agency employees backed out of the immediate vicinity and regrouped.

After a few minutes, the Game and Fish officer crept up a small rise a short distance from the road to look over the scene with binoculars. He observed two other males in camouflage in the area, but in a different direction from the first two. He then started back down the hill to return to the ATVs.

“As he started back down to the quads, a gunshot coming from the direction where the first two individuals had fled impacted the ground about 10 feet behind him,” said Ordway.

The three agency employees immediately departed the area and notified Game and Fish Radio Dispatch, which in turn notified the Border Patrol, Pima County Sheriff’s Office, and the Arizona Department of Public Safety.

About 30-40 law enforcement personnel, aided by three helicopters, were on site within 45 minutes to search the area and investigate the scene. They were not able to find the suspects but did recover several fresh 9mm casings from the area where the initial shot came from, indicating subsequent shots may have been fired as the agency employees were leaving the area.

“We’re thankful no one was hurt,” said Game and Fish Director Larry Voyles. “Our law enforcement officers and other field personnel often work in remote areas, and yesterday’s incident serves as a reminder of the potential dangers that they—and personnel from other agencies—face in areas near the border."

Voyles added that Game and Fish is reviewing its operating procedures for employees working in borderland areas.

And I bet if they would have shot back, they would have been reprimanded and put on administrative leave, pending investigation.

A couple of hunters have been killed by the drug runners in the last few years. Now you all understand why an AR-15 is the perfect deer rifle? Two 30 round clips taped together in your pack and a 5 round on the rifle. There will be some killing down there soon because hunters won't like being shot at. Then all hell will break loose in the government because they can't deny dead bodies.

A couple of hunters have been killed by the drug runners in the last few years. Now you all understand why an AR-15 is the perfect deer rifle? Two 30 round clips taped together in your pack and a 5 round on the rifle. There will be some killing down there soon because hunters won't like being shot at. Then all hell will break loose in the government because they can't deny dead bodies.

What dead bodies . . . It's called a triple "S" hunt -- Shoot, Shovel, and Shut-up

DRAFTSTUD get another thirty round magazine tape all three together middle one facing opposite outer two. Just like we did in Nam. More ammo is GOOD!!!

Almost as lame as a Jose post.........

Ok , What Az Senator called for a "special Hearing about steroids in Baseball... While his Home State was being INVADED by MILLIONS of illegals... What Out of touch Senator said he would pay $50. an hr... for Americans to pick Lettuce???... What Ignorant old Fool Said he .. Knew how to get Bin Laded and would Chase him to the Gates of Hell??

What Stupid old Man Said I WILL WIN THIS WAR "my friends" I Know how to win Wars???... What DUFUS SENILE SENATOR said "MY FRIENDS [ about 1,000. times]thru-out the whole campaign .. ITS YOUR BOY McSTAIN thats who... sorry I just deal in Truth/Facts:hump:

About time more people started discouraging the use of ATV's on My Public Lands!!!

Why the Hell can't you be outside and enjoy not HAVING an ATV under your fat-ass?

Jose, Are you saying the Game warden was a "fat Ass"?... Are you saying they should Ban Government Agencies from using them???

Back