FWP Proposed Changes - 2021 Season Setting

This is the best we can do? How embarrassing.

"Does anyone from the Regional Offices want to weigh it?" crickets....speaks volumes.

I will say this- it was astonishing how little self awareness Mac Minard has about the DIY hunter watching all the elk on private property when he was telling the woe is me story of the time him and his daughter were hunting the shoulder season and couldn’t shoot an elk because it wisely went to public.

we know who you are @Honest

I don’t want to take this to a bad place, just a question. Did RMEF comment on shoulder seasons at the commission meeting? I was multitasking so maybe missed something.

I just got a request to donate some of my photos to one of their events. Not interested in thoughts on what their involvement should be, just curious if they voiced a comment.

I don’t want to take this to a bad place, just a question. Did RMEF comment on shoulder seasons at the commission meeting? I was multitasking so maybe missed something.

I just got a request to donate some of my photos to one of their events. Not interested in thoughts on what their involvement should be, just curious if they voiced a comment.
No, they did not.

Has the fwp commission done anything worthwhile in recent memory?

Assuming it's a codified body, would there be any value or would it be worthwhile to get a ballot initiative going to do away with it? It reeks of political BS and the occasional good thing that might come out of it doesn't seem worth having a bunch of political self serving derelicts stick their nose into the agencies guidance and work.

Last edited:

I believe there was an RMEF Spokesperson in the public comment list opposing the expansion.

I believe there was an RMEF Spokesperson in the public comment list opposing the expansion.
I recall reading the same. Something along the lines of they supported the original implementation of shoulder seasons on private land but were in opposition of public lands being included then and they are opposed to public land being included now.
( This is my paraphrase, not actual quotes.)

I got an email from a RMEF employee saying they had put out a comment against allowing shoulder seasons on public land, but I did not see anyone representing RMEF comment at the commission meeting.

I will say this- it was astonishing how little self awareness Mac Minard has about the DIY hunter watching all the elk on private property when he was telling the woe is me story of the time him and his daughter were hunting the shoulder season and couldn’t shoot an elk because it wisely went to public.

we know who you are @Honest
So you’re telling me this guy - leader of MT outfitters actually told this story of hunting elk with his daughter on private land and the elk escaped to the safety of public? And this was told as a justification for having shoulder seasons on public? Is this recorded and did you hear this yourself? If so - I’m really embarrassed for that guy.

So you’re telling me this guy - leader of MT outfitters actually told this story of hunting elk with his daughter on private land and the elk escaped to the safety of public? And this was told as a justification for having shoulder seasons on public? Is this recorded and did you hear this yourself? If so - I’m really embarrassed for that guy.

7:37:00 mark

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back