MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

FWP Fisheries Director Ousted?

Oh but wait….liberals never miss a chance
To turn something into a disgusting political $hit storm.
I’d be willing to bet the folks in charge did this just so they could be political fodder at election time….for crying out loud. Usually the guys in charge have info us infidels are not privy to.
As someone whos never voted D - i will be if my representation continues to support many of the things that have came about in the legislature.

I hope better info comes out - but i hope you can understand some skepticism.

Not looking for a fight and yes highly likely.

Probably because they were swayed by a very misinformed opinion piece that unfortunately had quite a few great names in conservation attached to it.

So, obviously as humans we all tend to be biased and are also influenced by folks we respect to trend one way or another with our conclusions when we don’t have direct knowledge of a situation.

As someone who doesn’t have knowledge of the situation I am dependent on accurate information to draw a good conclusion about what is happening.

I’ve read the opinions of folks who say this doesn’t pass the smell test. You seem to be saying that there is legitimate cause for her removal and that when yet unreleased information is made public it will justify her removal. Is that what you’re saying and if so do you have any idea of what information that is and when it will be released?

Oh but wait….liberals never miss a chance
To turn something into a disgusting political $hit storm.
I’d be willing to bet the folks in charge did this just so they could be political fodder at election time….for crying out loud. Usually the guys in charge have info us infidels are not privy to.
So do conservatives, like, you know over an election...FFS.

For the record, what I'm seeing is the FWP is being run by a giant carload of clowns with GG at the wheel.

What a mess.

So, obviously as humans we all tend to be biased and are also influenced by folks we respect to trend one way or another with our conclusions when we don’t have direct knowledge of a situation.

As someone who doesn’t have knowledge of the situation I am dependent on accurate information to draw a good conclusion about what is happening.

I’ve read the opinions of folks who say this doesn’t pass the smell test. You seem to be saying that there is legitimate cause for her removal and that when yet unreleased information is made public it will justify her removal. Is that what you’re saying and if so do you have any idea of what information that is and when it will be released?
Well said and correct. I honestly don’t know. Hopefully the department can issue a press release as soon as they can to give the public an accurate idea of what’s going on.

I know it’s tough when facts are few and speculation is rampant. The department needs time to work through their process and hopefully in the meantime people can try to not make too many assumptions.

Well said and correct. I honestly don’t know. Hopefully the department can issue a press release as soon as they can to give the public an accurate idea of what’s going on.

I know it’s tough when facts are few and speculation is rampant. The department needs time to work through their process and hopefully in the meantime people can try to not make too many assumptions.
This isn't a one off thing, it's a recurring theme with the FWP.

Some legal minds can opine on differences between corporations and public, but I’m not sure FWP can say why someone is fired for cause, even if it believes that it was justified. Given she appears to want to pursue a wrongful termination lawsuit, the facts may well come out in court (barring a settlement). Place your bets now.

So do conservatives, like, you know over an election...FFS.

For the record, what I'm seeing is the FWP is being run by a giant carload of clowns with GG at the wheel.

What a mess.
Funny, all you have done is bitch about FWP when it suited your agenda, now there’s a political slant and you cry foul?
All I say is I’d be willing to bet where there is smoke there most like is a flame.

Funny, all you have done is bitch about FWP when it suited your agenda, now there’s a political slant and you cry foul?
All I say is I’d be willing to bet where there is smoke there most like is a flame.
Every company or agency that dies, does so from the neck up. In this case the director and GG.

Since when has that not been my thoughts about the FWP?

The few good people they've had, the director and governor have treated them like crap.

Every company or agency that dies, does so from the neck up. In this case the director and GG.

Since when has that not been my thoughts about the FWP?

The few good people they've had, the director and governor have treated them like crap.
And for the first time in history we are looking at some radical changes(any change in deer hunting is deemed radical in Mt)in the way the the state manages deer with these guys at the helM?

Maybe they will prove me wrong.

Cutting out cancer is never a bad thing. From where I sit this is pretty much what I’ve seen, from the guys who quickly retired when Worschek was appointed, to the rest of the show since.

And for the first time in history we are looking at some radical changes(any change in deer hunting is deemed radical in Mt)in the way the the state manages deer with these guys at the helM?

I sure hope you are right. Most definitely the best chance for change with mule deer in my lifetime.

Cutting out cancer is never a bad thing. From where I sit this is pretty much what I’ve seen, from the guys who quickly retired when Worschek was appointed, to the rest of the show since.
So what decisions did a fisheries division employee make regarding mule deer management?

Honestly, if I would have been retirement eligible I would have left when Worschek was appointed.

He did such a good job, he ended up getting fired. That the cancer you're talking about getting cut out?

So what decisions did a fisheries division employee make regarding mule deer management?

Honestly, if I would have been retirement eligible I would have left when Worschek was appointed.

He did such a good job, he ended up getting fired. That the cancer you're talking about getting cut out?
Worschek didn’t get fired. Also, him leaving had zero to do with his performance.

Carry on.

Had an opportunity to chat with an FWP friend who shared there's, "Bitches on both sides fueling their agendas trying to top the other. Both want to suck you into their camp. There's truth on both sides people who seek attention join one or the other - most of us go about our job".
He also noted many are retired or outside (never been FWP) who don't agree with the current FWP due to the political slant that are adding to the caustic nature of agency infighting.

Politics. Yep the extremes (R. & D) embellish the hostility especially entering election year. Those who want to agree with portions of the FWP concerns and quality find it a challenge to support real issues within either of the extreme camps.

most of us go about our job".
This is what I would be concerned about. Politics is about power and controlling the message. In a few states, like MT, FWP becomes a larger part of that process because of the love for the outdoors. To get the votes you have to control the message. People “going about their jobs” are eventually going to be asked to cross the line. Sometimes the silence tells you more than the words.

He also noted many are retired or outside (never been FWP) who don't agree with the current FWP that are adding to the caustic nature of agency infighting.
Boomers again!!! Everything can be explained by Boomers.

You know like anything else there are some things we might all agree with and some things we won’t. But referring to Eileen and similar employees pushed out over the years as “a cancer” is rude and frankly unnecessary. It makes me glad she probably doesn’t read HT. I’ve read examples of people saying why putting her on leave is wrong, and the good things she’s done for her staff, the public, and the resource, but the few comments on here I’ve seen suggesting otherwise fail to provide anything substantive or even a hint as to why they feel her leave was justified.

It takes a certain mindset to go into public service. Especially given the time, money, and emotional sacrifices working for an outfit like FWP takes. Most of the people that work there do it because they care about something bigger than themselves. Why else would they? It ain’t the pay, it ain’t the love and admiration they get from the majority of people they serve or the folks on HT.. Are they perfect? No. Do they get it wrong sometimes? Hells Yes. There are great people with FWP still and right now a lot of them need support. You can still disagree with them about mule deer management, how the BMA program is run, harvest surveys, etc. but still recognize that something is off, and has been off, for some time. I have my ideas about what that common denominator is and it ain’t the folks like Eileen.

Some folks needed/probably need a hard look at their employment for sure, but the fact that Eileen has had such a large showing of support from numerous well-respected retired biologists/writers/conservationists in this state is telling. When has there been a GoFundMe account established for something like this? If it comes out later that I’m wrong, sorry for my misjudgment. If it comes out that this is indeed a crock, and yet another symptom of something larger and ‘wronger’ within this state, I hope you reflect on that a bit moving forward.

What are the odds this has to do with a few tanking fish populations in a few of the world renowned rivers?
Genuinely curious.

Pure speculation at this point. Declining fish pops on those rivers shouldn’t cause retribution. Best to follow the money. My bet would be on the Clarks Fork news because this has the chance to cost someone $$$ once they find the source.

Back