PEAX Equipment

Fwp December commission meeting

This is why showing up is so important.

Don't just show up at a hearing to yell about something though. Put a proposal together and talk to your biologist & commissioner. You have to engage at the regional level, district level, and work the commission.

I was a little surprised by the lack of hunter engagement today.
That might work if you have a commissioner that’s into that sort of thing. My commissioner didn’t even have a working phone number yesterday and he’s more interested in his next fishing trip than he is about fulfilling his role as commissioner.

I wouldnt start with the Commish, personally. I'd get my crew together, develop a proposal, shop it with other hunters and landowners in the region and then approach the agency with a request to review and provide their feedback.

Then go to the commission. Emails work too. So does showing up for a meeting an talking face-to-face.

I wouldnt start with the Commish, personally. I'd get my crew together, develop a proposal, shop it with other hunters and landowners in the region and then approach the agency with a request to review and provide their feedback.

Then go to the commission. Emails work too. So does showing up for a meeting an talking face-to-face.
I realize that the reality is all that matters, but it shouldn’t be this difficult.

What’s the feasibility from a legal/social standpoint of getting a ballot referendum / constitutional amendment to have Commissioners become an elected position?

I’ll echo some of the sentiment of others in that it currently feels like screaming at a wall.

I know Molnar tried to introduce such legislation but go nowhere with it.

I didn’t want the R6 b tags . Glad it got crushed but I get a kick out of Chris Faber speaking today . Blasting fwp for cutting elk permits and saying overcrowding is a non issue but then saying he wants no b tags for deer cuz where’s everyone gonna go …… wow …

What’s the feasibility from a legal/social standpoint of getting a ballot referendum / constitutional amendment to have Commissioners become an elected position?

I’ll echo some of the sentiment of others in that it currently feels like screaming at a wall.

I know Molnar tried to introduce such legislation but go nowhere with it.

The Montana State Constitution places the power of appointing boards & commission members to the governor.

It would have to be a constitutional referendum & you would literally be politicizing wildlife. If you don't like this, you'll have that..

Then go to the commission. Emails work too. So does showing up for a meeting a talking face-to-face.
BS - as long as we have our current governor who appoints a bunch of Lacky’s to follow his desires we might as well wack as many antelope, deer and elk as legally possible so we can get to rock bottom sooner than dragging it out for later.

After writing X number of emails, attending regional cluster____ meetings, etc., it has become obvious and apparent the commission is totally stone deaf, don’t give a rusty nickel, or just flat out are the most incompetent group I have ever witnessed.

I’d be ashamed to be part of that group and consider myself a sportsman in support of our wildlife. Worse meeting on wildlife future I’ve ever witnessed.

Time to be optimistic is over, time to be realistic.

It would have to be a constitutional referendum & you would literally be politicizing wildlife. If you don't like this, you'll have that..
I guess that’s true. No office is truly non-partisan anymore.

Probably naive of me to think those elections wouldn’t immediately be politicized as well.

But, wouldn’t it be great to disentangle wildlife management from politics? Including those appointed by politicians?

I didn’t want the R6 b tags . Glad it got crushed but I get a kick out of Chris Faber speaking today . Blasting fwp for cutting elk permits and saying overcrowding is a non issue but then saying he wants no b tags for deer cuz where’s everyone gonna go …… wow …
Is he still leasing a ton of private ground for outfitting? That sure might explain why he doesn’t deal with overcrowding

Faber owns an outfitting business in a unit that gives out 50 archery and 50 rifle tags. He doesn’t have any room to talk about crowding. He doesn’t leave his lodge most days.

Don't just show up at a hearing to yell about something though. Put a proposal together and talk to your biologist & commissioner. You have to engage at the regional level, district level, and work the commission.

I’m going to have to retire from the war at work so I can go to war for hunting rights. I’m glad some of you guys can keep up!

You’re surprised by people not wanting to use vacation time to get ignored by a bunch of hacks doing Greg’s bidding?

You’re surprised by people not wanting to use vacation time to get ignored by a bunch of hacks doing Greg’s bidding?

This was the lightest attended season setting meeting I have been too.

In 2021, hunters showed up en masse and made a massive difference.

This was the lightest attended season setting meeting I have been too.

In 2021, hunters showed up en masse and made a massive difference.
It’s time to quit putting the blame on the working man and put the blame where it belongs.
The commissioners don’t give a rats —- about what hunters think - what the hell can sportsmen do? Sure as hell can’t vote them out.

Last edited:
NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back