Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Fwp December commission meeting

But since there are essentially no consequences, so what? If there is no disincentive, they will continue doing it.
Agree, and maybe that is why hunters don't show up. Changing the Constitution to get them elected isn't going to happen, and I would guess if you did the same type of people would be elected anyway.

You could find something where the action is in clear violation of the duty of the committee and ask a judge for an injunction staying the change. Seems pretty common practice for groups like Center for Biological Diversity. Do nothing and you get what you have now.

What’s the feasibility from a legal/social standpoint of getting a ballot referendum / constitutional amendment to have Commissioners become an elected position?

I’ll echo some of the sentiment of others in that it currently feels like screaming at a wall.

I know Molnar tried to introduce such legislation but go nowhere with it.
I used to think electing them was the answer, but it’s not. You’d just get the best heeled(richest) folks buying an elected position and getting what they want.

For 20 years I’ve worked to see that 7 be broken into districts instead of managed as a unit. Did not think I’d live long enuf to see it happen. It wasnt exactly what I’d like to have seen, but it’s a start.
Now, for the ankle biters out there wondering about motivation to see it done… just for the resource. It is inconvenient and great deal disadvantageous to me business wise.

The mule deer doe on private/block with landowner consent is a HUGE win for the resource.

If it’s a good proposal why does it matter where it came from?
That’s where I’m at . I’ve been hunting Montana almost my entire life and I fricking love your state . And I hate what’s happening and I want change and I don’t care where it comes from . Even if it means way less opportunities for me

I used to think electing them was the answer, but it’s not. You’d just get the best heeled(richest) folks buying an elected position and getting what they want.
I agree that electing them could be a mess. Idaho came close to getting that on the ballot a couple decades ago but it didn’t happen. I’ve never heard it proposed since.

Like, kind of similar to how it is now?

But yes electing them could have its own degree of consequences. The main benefit I see is that people wouldn’t be voting for them based on 2A, abortion, etc. I don’t know enough to predict whether we’d end up better off or not, but IMO, voting in MT hasn’t been great for MT wildlife lately, period.

That’s where I’m at . I’ve been hunting Montana almost my entire life and I fricking love your state . And I hate what’s happening and I want change and I don’t care where it comes from . Even if it means way less opportunities for me
But it doesn’t take more than 10 posts before someone is blaming you (NRs) for the problem. Even the outfitter is telling us to stay home.

FWP should've been the ones to say it a long time ago. 57% of buck harvest in R7 in 22'? C'mon man
Residents should be pissed this ever happened. It is interesting if you go through the harvest statistics. It has happened before. (Early 2000’s). I don’t know how accurate it is with fwp data but the last two years showed it and there should have been a hard stop at region 7. Harvest stats also slightly favor residents as the dink killers. A rabbit hole I probably should have never gone down.

If you look at the numbers nonresident regional caps should have been put in a long time ago. When we had Democrat governors.

Edit: there is no other state that I know of that puts up with that level of nonresident harvest. And I love to go out of state.

Last edited:
FWP should've been the ones to say it a long time ago. 57% of buck harvest in R7 in 22'? C'mon man
The residents in R7 know , or have known for many years now that the mule deer are in huge trouble that’s why 57% of buck harvest in 22’ was from NR cuz a lot of R in 7 aren’t hunting mule deer in 7 . That’s a major part of it . We need regional caps but not just for NR . For every hunter . I still say R are gonna have to give up opportunity . The no b tags on public is a huge step

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back