PEAX Equipment

Future hunts?

I have short, mid, and longterm plans. I'm thinking about my next hunts every day. With that said each year some adjustments are made. Like I didn't draw the tag I thoughtvi would or drew one I didn't think I would. Along with learning about new places or opportunities to hunt and rearranging the plan. It's all fun and I go on 2-3 different hunts a year.

I try to have 2 out-of-state trips per year penciled in for the next 3 years, with backup plans B-D for each trip. It doesn’t pan out as intended though. I’m on plan “E” for my 2nd trip this year, fishing in the gulf.

I started planning for and taking an annual hunting trip a several years back. Right now my schedule allows about one out of state trip per year mixed in with hunting around home. I had a list on my desk a couple years ago of what I planned to hunt when. Then I found out that I plan and God, game agencies, health, point creep, and Mother Nature laugh.

I’ll hunt what I can when I can and in the meantime I am hoarding and investing money to buy some hunting acreage close to home. Looking to make the purchase in the next couple of years, unless the stock market decides to laugh at those plans too.

Down the road sometime I want to do a backpacking adventure with my wife in Iceland with the hopes of hooking up with some friendly locals to shoot some waterfowl.
I'm not going to pay thousands of dollars to shoot ducks. If it happens, great. If not, it'll be an adventure all the same.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back