Furry Grouse?

ihuntelk

My daughter passed hunter's ed this spring and was rearing to go shoot a grouse for her first hunt. I took her on the opener and didn't even sniff a feather. In my defense, we only got to hunt between 2:30 and 5:30 as other commitments were pressing.

The next week we went out in the morning before a volleyball game. Again, didn't even sniff a feather. I'm sure Hank would have put up some birds but my daughter isn't quite tough enough to swing the Browning 20 guage on a flying bird. We were bound to the truck trying to find some before they flushed. She has shot quite a few p-dogs this summer and asked if she could shoot one with the shotgun. This one sat still long enough for her to get in range..............
p-dog.jpg

After the volleyball game we jumped in to go and her older sister wanted to go for an hour, "so we had to find birds fast!". First 2-track I turned on had a little flock scurrying for taller sage. It wasn't tall enough. :D

SageGrouse2.jpg

Her sister then grabbed the shotgun just in time to harvest one as well. Do all girls dress up to go hunting? :cool:
SageGrouse1.jpg

3 years ago she harvested another grouse after a volleyball game. That game she forgot we were hunting afterward and didn't want to wear her volleyabll shoes through the sage. I posted this pic in Moosie's flip flop thread but thought it was too good not to share here as well.
grouse2011 (6).jpg

I really don't care what they wear hunting just so they're in the hills with me and all the stupid boys stay out of range. :W:

-Cade

Great to hear and see the young ladies out and about with their Dad. Good stuff!

If I were you, you might consider a young ladies fashion line of bird hunting clothing.

Those boys will be knocking on the door sooner or later...you know it.

Great effort squeezing hunting time in between commitments, I'm sure they enjoyed hunting those birds and pd.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back