Fur market predictions

AssawomanGunsmith

Active member
Joined
Oct 31, 2018
Messages
140
Location
Assawoman VA
Alright, what's everyone's thoughts on the fur market for the 26-27 season? We know we won't get rich; do you think we'll get gas money?

Personally, I feel like things are getting a little better. I've told myself I'm going to hit coons hard, although ours here are never worth much in quality. Plenty of red fox around, so I should be able to do well with them. I saw a covey of quail yesterday for the first time in awhile so I feel my trapping efforts are paying off even if the fur check isn't much.
-Randy
 
View attachment 418637
I’d start with the last sale in June to start your fur price estimates.

In my area, bobcats and marten should be good. We trap beaver for bait. Mink looks good too.
I mostly go after red fox. I can handle those prices. I haven't targeted otter in years, but I actually received a call yesterday about otter trapping a pond for a landowner concerned about his fish.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,134
Messages
2,250,912
Members
39,098
Latest member
MuskegMunitions
Back
Top