Caribou Gear Tarp

From the desert southwest

Way cool! Did you shoot them or were they for a customer? That would be a cool trip hunting those things.

Those mounts were for customers. Here's a pic of the ones I hunted.

Attachments

• Ocellated MT 002-20%.JPG
    Ocellated MT 002-20%.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 253
  • Ocellated MT 005-20%.JPG
    Ocellated MT 005-20%.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 243
  • small pic pavo.JPG
    small pic pavo.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0234med.JPG
    IMG_0234med.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0229 20%.JPG
    IMG_0229 20%.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0230 20%.JPG
    IMG_0230 20%.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0235sm.JPG
    IMG_0235sm.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 256
Beautiful birds! Well done on the hunt and mounts! They look small. Weight?

Way cool and thanks for sharing! Were you hunting out of the hammock? If so, was it due to nasty creepy crawlies they have down there?

Way cool and thanks for sharing! Were you hunting out of the hammock? If so, was it due to nasty creepy crawlies they have down there?

Yeah, I was hunting for brockett deer (an add-on to the ocellated hunt) The hammock is a mayan version of a tree stand. They cut limbs and tie them between two close-together trees and make a ladder to get up into the hammock. Kinda scary climbing into the hammock when you're 10 ft above the ground.
Only saw a doe, they are legal to shoot but I didn't want to.

Welcome Breck! You'll be a good addition. Breck gets my taxi business. He's an awesome artist!

Yeah, I was hunting for brockett deer (an add-on to the ocellated hunt) The hammock is a mayan version of a tree stand. They cut limbs and tie them between two close-together trees and make a ladder to get up into the hammock. Kinda scary climbing into the hammock when you're 10 ft above the ground.
Only saw a doe, they are legal to shoot but I didn't want to.
Thanks for the explanation. Though it wasn't a hammock, that reminds me of the story Warren Page penned about hunting in Central America.

BTW, I'm now extremely interested in getting a occellated turkey! That would be a way call addition to a trophy room.

Back