Yeti GOBOX Collection

Friday Tunes That Make You Say Wow

Two summers ago I took an older friend to see Yellowstone Park after he had a stroke. Something he hadn't done for years and was wanting to do one more time. We listened to the Sinatra station on Sirius for most of the trip. Listened to Frank going over the Beartooth Pass. We had a blast! You couldn't wipe the smile off Lin's face.
What an era of music before my time!

and you are not the first to think so

also, if you listen to Bobby ( half of the Righteous Bros ) singing Unchained Melody you will not only be impressed with his ability but many people,--- black, white, brown, referred to him as "Blue Eyed Soul" Unbelievable talent ( and yes years after they recorded it, it showed up in the movie Ghost )
Reminds me of the group on the very excellent documentary Muscle Shoals, that wanted, to paraphrase,"the same black guys so-and-so recorded with,". The producer said they were available but he might find them "a tad pale". https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2492916/

She's an acquired taste
Either like her or you don't. I'll pass.
C'mon you're not that old
I've lived it.... I think the actual lyric is, "...Might be your DAD, I don't know"...

View attachment 185534

"How he comes o'er us with our wilder days,
Not measuring what use we made of them." King Henry in Shakespeare, Henry V
I've always thought skynnard's gimme three steps was a sequel.

He's not alone. After "Born to Run," it's all crap. The only Springsteen I like is Robin Williams covers as Elmer Fudd.

Then there are all those Tom Petty fans. Y'all probably have cats, too.
Agree, but the Eagles? As the line goes, you done stopped preachin' and started meddlin' :ROFLMAO:

One of the best juxtapositions of imagery and music I can recall. And now I better go do some real work.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back