Friday tunes...from band to solo

I saw BB King play at his club in Memphis. We were in the area working and went into Memphis after a short day. There were about 20 people in the building. When we walked in, just my boss and I, there was 1 guy playing on the stage area who looked like he was about 95 years old. Probably the best guitar player I’ve ever heard. But after we were there for a while the guy playing said I’m going to take a short break but while I do we have a very special guest. And Bb walked out and played for about 30 minutes.

@glass eye
Few may know of the 60's power trio "Glass Harp" Their guitar player was the dimunitive Phil Keaggy. For prog metal trivia nuts. His touring band featured two guys named Doug Pinnick and Jerry Gaskill. Pinnick changed his stage name to "dUg Pinnick" when he and Gaskill teamed up with Ty Tabor to form KingsX.

This vintage of Keaggy is headphone candy. If you are a guitar player, stick it out until the outro!

That bella Donna album which I believe was her first solo album after Fleetwood Mac had those three smash songs on it , edge of 17 and then the duet with Don Henley and the one with Tom Petty is amazing

She broke up with a band member, then made him sit there and play the guitar while she screamed the song in his face on stage, in front of millions, for decades.

That's leadership.

I saw BB King play at his club in Memphis. We were in the area working and went into Memphis after a short day. There were about 20 people in the building. When we walked in, just my boss and I, there was 1 guy playing on the stage area who looked like he was about 95 years old. Probably the best guitar player I’ve ever heard. But after we were there for a while the guy playing said I’m going to take a short break but while I do we have a very special guest. And Bb walked out and played for about 30 minutes.
Rare air venue Gellar...

I saw him near the end of his touring career at our Municipal Auditorium, seats near front/center. Great band & Mr. King, as usual, had the entire audience in his palm. Awesome storyteller..

I have finished my quest I have posted one song from each of the four solo kiss members albums yes 🤘🏻 I think the only one I ever owned when I was younger was the Gene Simmons album and I think Cher had a cameo part in one of the songs I think it was living in sin but I don’t remember

Back