Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

FRIDAY MUZAK (because its Fridat somwhere) - THE BEST SONG YOU EVER HEARD

To whittle things down more, the Stroke's first album contained easily the greatest rock and roll song of the 2000's. The return to garage rock sleaze was what the world needed as an antidote to the godawful, misspelled-band-name, mallcore, nu-metal, Korn and Limp Bizkit type national embarrassment era of the 1990s.

Thank you for your service, Strokes.

I had it narrowed down to five, and then three have posted already.

So I'm going to cheat a little bit, and go with my favorite song of the last 20 years, covered by my favorite band that's still in their peak.

I'm a sucker for rock bands with strong female vocals.
I used to do a lot of drinking in the early 'aughts in a bar where the idea of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs was allegedly conceived and where they hung out from time to time. Really felt like I'd "arrived!"

How about a song about the best song.

2002, Endfest at the Gorge. First summer after that album came out. We road trip over from Missoula. Somewhere around Moses Lake we hit caller number 7 and get to go backstage.

We (very briefly) meet the D as they're tag teaming a pepperoni pizza and smoking cigarettes minutes before they go up. We get an armful of their merch and ushered away.

That September I was promptly kicked out of English class for wearing one of the sweaters they gave me when my teacher learned what a "Cleveland Steamer" was.

I've still got pictures of me with them somewhere at my parents house.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back