FRIDAY MUZAK (because its Fridat somwhere) - THE BEST SONG YOU EVER HEARD

BirdManMike

My wife calls this stage of drunkeness 'Drunkin Pumpkins'. It happens a handful of times per year. And, much as she may disagrre, its not all Pumpkins....

Post the best song you ever heard. Tell a story. Whatever. Ill read it, if you post it.

This is the best song Ive ever heard. I can still picture the first time I heard it. Clear as day. And other memories. There is little better.

I can't drill down to what I think is the best song ever. There's so many. I can think of moments where, when combined with a song, were meaningful to me in huge ways.

Mark Isham wrote the scores to dozens of films, and was nominated for an academy award for this one, which the wife and I walked down the isle to - so for me in terms of my feelings and memory - it is one of the greatest songs ever written.

With the lyrics and guitars, this song is a masterpiece.

Outlaws founding member Hughie Thomasson said:

"I wrote that song in St. Augustine, Florida. We went to a cookout on the beach and everybody forgot to bring their guitars. I was standing by the ocean and there was a breeze and the words kept coming to me. It’s about all the rock stars I liked that died had come back and were playing a show just for me. Like Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison. And eventually more of course."

Best song? WOW! It's mood dependent thus, numerous best songs! Motorhead, Pantera, Metallica, Pennywise, Aerosmith, Judas Priest, Beastie Boys, Quiet Riot, The Rat Pack, Beach Boys, Beatles, Sarah Vaughan, Diana Krall, Tom Catmull - Chit, that's scratching the surface - then to narrow it down to a song?!?! Brain meltdown!

Currently? Well Chit! Thanks! @BirdManMike... 🤣

Definitely hard to narrow down the ONE best song. Very mood dependent.. regardless of my mood, though, this song always humbles me..

Adding:
Song is still thought provoking..

You know, they say “hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.” Have to listen more than once to catch the words

Last edited:
Impossible, but a few stick out.

The song sung at our wedding:

Best rock song:

Brings back so many memories of growing up in a small Wyoming town:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back