Caribou Gear Tarp

Friday Music Thread - Memory Lane

First time I heard this song was when the radio alarm clock went off at 5 am so I could do my newspaper route. Kind of a creepy tune to wake up to and then head out into dark on my bike.

When I was in my teens I played hockey while living in Atlanta. At the time (early 80s) the only rink in the state for amateur hockey was at Stone Mountain park. The rink was busy so as the older kids we got the worst hours for games.....0400 and 0500 hrs on Saturdays and Sundays. At the time I was a bit of a metal head and THIS was my go to hype tune to wake up and prep for games.......

Been on a AIC kick lately. The music that came out out of Seattle during the 90s is just incredible. I was a little too young to appreciate it at the time but it does take me down memory lane. The best is that this was mainstream music at the time. There is still great music being created now but you really have to seak it out.

These two albums played constantly on the bball bus trips to away games in jr high. Man those were some awesome bus rides. Old Coach Howard suffered tremendously with our raucous music.

I had this 45 and it got left on the record player when my dad took it in to be repaired. When we got the player back the record was gone. I was bummed!

My Grandfather was a truck driver. I've always liked songs about truck drivers. Hearing these songs takes me back to when I was a kid and I would ride with him from Mississippi to California and back in his Peterbilt. God, I miss that man.

This song from 1976 always takes me back to wheat harvests. Driving a John Deere 7700 combine that had problematic AC, with the engine right beside the cab when the AC went out the temp in that cab went UP. Listening to the line 'cool wind in my hair' on the ol' AM radio made me long for a cool breeze - and maybe not so much hair.

Spent the summer after my high school graduation listening to this album while fishing for salmon and Halibut around Port Hardy, Vancouver Island, BC. with my dad. Great memories.

First dance with my new bride at our wedding reception. More great memories.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back