MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Friday Music Thread - Memory Lane

fishing4sanity

Music certainly has an ability to take you down memory lane. Yesterday I heard this song from 1985, the same year I was diagnosed with cancer. The song is about a couple parting ways by choice, so it didn't really fit our situation. However, one of the oft repeated lines stated, "no time is a good time for goodbye." This was a tough time for my wife and I, we had a daughter and a child on the way. Definitely not a time for saying goodbyes. The initial outlook had us wondering if I'd even find out if I had two daughters or a daughter and a son. Spoiler alert: I'm not typing from the other side, we went on to have four children and now eight grandchildren! When I hear this song it takes me back down Memory Lane.
So, what are some of your Memory Lane songs? They don't have to be old and traumatic. Maybe the song you heard just the other day after you loaded up your first pronghorn and headed home.

I remember singing "The Old Rugged Cross" with my grandmother. I also remember hearing John and June Cash sing it one time and enjoyed it.

Would it be possible for one of you gentlemen to find John and June singing the Old Rugged Cross and post it up for me as my contribution to this week's music thread

Thank you

Ben, I like the first album concept. Except, I don't know for sure what that first album was. I believe it was probably this one....

Ben, I like the first album concept. Except, I don't know for sure what that first album was. I believe it was probably this one....

You bought that because you wanted his Sharps in True Grit, right? ;)

First Rock concert, at the Summit in Houston, TX. Consequently, the first time I smelled the magic herb.

You bought that because you wanted his Sharps in True Grit, right? ;)

No, not so much. I bought the album long before I knew what a Sharps was. Long before the movie too (I think). Nope, looks like the movie and album came out about the same time.

Sitting in the back row of a theater in Denver, drinking very large cups of tequila, and screaming towards the stage "preach on Brother Tom" got us this song dedicated to us around 2000:

Would have thrown another curve... With Spandau Ballet though, only so much to immerse before drowning... Midnight Oil, Live... Here's one for memories of the carefree, the world is free to roam.

When my fiance & I broke up, I didn't give her back the Live CD's. :)

Mom subscribed us to the Disney story 45's. Back when there still were 45's. I think I wore out this vinyl.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back