Friday Headstart Tunes for Ms. Europe

Played this one all morning on repeat. Annoyed the shite out of my wife with my off key karaoke. 🤣

I was able to thank everyone on the thread Bobby started, but my internet time is controlled by others at this moment in time, but wanted to also get on this thread and say THANK YOU ! to everyone who posted--fantastic selections, just fantastic, THANK YOU SO MUCH. As mentioned some of them brought back specific memories of a time and place and it made me tear up more than once--so very kind of you fellows.

Too answer Ben Lamb above---it was not a sideways swipe, but loved your humor about it. Actually a customer invited my husband and I to a party on the Queen Mary in Long beach Calif way back in the mid to late 70's I believe and she was performing there. They knew her and she came to our table after her performance and after introductions and pleasantries, my husband ask her if the song was about Kris, Warren or Mick and all she said was ---"yes" (-;

Harley, got started with Frank
Lv2hnt got Browne
John got Kris and the Eagles
brittany got Emmy Lou
Jabber--My woman, My Woman, My Wife (-;
Bighornram got Bojangles and one that always makes me cry, My Little Girl
Tradewind got Yesterday
Landpro got Gram
Elkduds got Stone Pony and Linda (-;

and a lot of others that I sincerely enjoyed. Cant believe I forgot about the Carpenters and Dean Martin, the coolest of all cats (-;

Enjoyed them all and wanted share this with you. I had tears in my eyes when someone came in and was determined to find out where I was hurting. I told her to listen but she was young and had blue hair--probably not her music (-;

Anyway, thanks guys but I do have one question-----Nobody likes Linda Ronstadt or have you ever seen Liza sing New You New York, the girl knows how to work a room, even one as big as Madison Square Garden

Thank you gentlemen!!!

Last edited:
Enjoyed them all and wanted share this with you. I had tears in my eyes when someone came in and was determined to find out where I was hunting. I told her to listen but she was young and had blue hair--probably not her music (-;

Anyway, thanks guys but I do have one question-----Nobody likes Linda Ronstadt or have you ever seen Liza sing New You New York, the girl knows how to work a room, even one as big as Madison Square Garden

Thank you gentlemen!!!
Happy Valentines Day, April. In post #49 Linda Ronstadt is fronting the Stone Poneys. Because I know that's what you like.

This is a newish version of an old classic, but true to the intent. April, I think you might like it.

It is cold outside here too, but I have a nice hot woodstove, a really great chair, a tankard of a perfect stout at a perfect temperature, and a hot bid on a funky french gun, so life is good. (6lbs 0.4 oz :) )

And another in the same vein.

and one more that I REALLY like...

Last edited:
Back