Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Fresh Tracks on "The Front"

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
This last year, you read of me doing a lot of work on the Rocky Mountain Front, from filming and episode there, to going to listening sessions on a bill called the Rocky Mountain Front Heritage Act. All of that is part of my effort to try bring attention to the greatest areas the self-guided public land hunter can go to find quality hunting and memorable experiences.

The Front is one of the most amazing places in all of Montana, in all of the continent, for that matter. It is backcountry area like the Front that helps Montana have six weeks of archery and five weeks of rifle hunting, all with most of the state being on general areas. These areas support older age classes, provide longer season, and allow us to stay away from the limited entry draw found in many other states. The Front issues more bighorn sheep tags than any area in the Lower 48.

I am passionate about these type of places. I know some day my legs will not be able to get me to the back corners of these areas, so until that day comes, I will hunt them and advocate for their conservation.

We are having a prescreening of this new episode filmed on The Front, in conjunction with a large gathering to support the Rocky Mountain Front Heritage Act. The presecreening and gathering is being sponsored by Backcountry Hunters and Anglers.

Should be a lot of people there, including a lot of backpack hunters. A good crowd to hang out with and swap stories.

Below are the details. Hope to see you there. You might even win some cool gear that will be drawn as prizes.

FT on the Front 2.jpg
FT on the Front 1.jpg

Just heard Sitka donated a 90% jacket for a door prize. Should e a lot of fun. Bringing a few guys down from Helena. Can't wait to see the episode!

A taste of the Front:

Attachments

• 2773434266_8ea2352f89.jpg
    2773434266_8ea2352f89.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 949
  • Adult Male Grizzly Bear FWP 427.jpg
    Adult Male Grizzly Bear FWP 427.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Front5.1.jpg
    Front5.1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 993
  • bgnbc choteau.jpg
    bgnbc choteau.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 969
  • RMF5.4.5.jpg
    RMF5.4.5.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 972
  • RMF5.4.1.jpg
    RMF5.4.1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 973
I am one of the lucky ones that has gotten to call the front "home." 14 days I will be back out in the thick of it. Can not wait!

Looking forward to the show.

Nope. Not yet.

Last I heard the investigation was not being handled well and they were looking at the wrong folks as suspects. Not sure where it is now.

Nope. Not yet.

Last I heard the investigation was not being handled well and they were looking at the wrong folks as suspects. Not sure where it is now.

From the conversation of a FWP Warden Trainee I overheard at lunch today that doesn't surprise me. If what I heard was true and since he was telling his GF all about his daily events, I assume it is true, it is despicable, shameful, and just plain sad how some of the current crop of Game Wardens operate and handle themselves. If I only had a tape of his conversation. It would be statewide news in a second.

Claiming 8 hours of pay and not even working for 4 hours, with his supervisor telling him to do it and signing off on his timecards, is just one part of that conversation. Infuriating.

A couple more

Attachments

• Jones creek.jpg
    Jones creek.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 825
  • srgr5.jpg
    srgr5.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 830
  • srgr3.jpg
    srgr3.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 860
Last edited:
Some of you truly do live in a special place. Hopefully one day it will be on the sportsmans channel or on here, Id love to see it.....:cool:

Ha, I have a reason to be in Bozeman during the day on Thursday.
Looks like the whole twodot family will be attending this event!

A bump to remind any of you who are thirsty and want to talk hunting, tomorrow night at the Emerson is a chance to quench your thirst and swap some stories. Hope to see you there. If you see me, flag me down and make sure we get to visit.

Big Fin, we already have a room booked, and will be looking forward to seeing you there.
My wife went to grade school at Emerson so this will be extra fun for her.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back