Fox fur flying!

highground34

So I have a lot of different fox running around my land and it is driving the dogs nuts. So I started taking care of the problem one lead at a time. What low cost durable tricks does anyone have for controlling the numbers other than lead poisoning.

You can't trick a fox. Sounds like your dogs are just barking bitches. I reckon you have a dog problem and not a fox problem.

Many would love to have the problem of seeing wildlife in their yard.

You can't trick a fox. Sounds like your dogs are just barking bitches. I reckon you have a dog problem and not a fox problem.

Many would love to have the problem of seeing wildlife in their yard.
Thanks wyo, you obviously haven't lost any domestic animals that serve a purpose to your families welfare. I love wildlife just the same as other true hunters, but thanks for your opinion. P.S. you should send me your professional training video on "Getting dogs to quick doing there job of alerting the caring owner that a scavenger is challenging your personal property and domestic animals," by Wyodeerhunter.

Thanks, nectar
That is one of the problems they are causing. I know where several dens are because I have been trying to get them to den in other locations. Several current dens are in my pasture areas and we have had a horse injured by the den hole. When stepped into the hole I was walking a good distance away from her when I saw her fall. She was up when I got there but she was next to the den with some leg hair near the lip of the whole. I later went to fill it in and saw a fox go in. I think that they are great animals but my horses mean much more to me.

Now that you've got the den locations you have lot of options. You can ask you county extention agent what to use or be creative: You can trap them or have them trapped, use poisonious gas, propane ignited down the hole, if you have a big water tank on a truck drive out there and stick the big 2 inch hose down the hole but be ready for anything that comes out, you can sit there all day with a shotgun and a comforable chair,.... I;m sure others have some good ideas.
If you want them to simply leave then perhaps ammonia down the hole or skunk spray or maybe even fertilizer will make them abandon it....just not sure if they'd dig another hole nearby.

Thanks wyo, you obviously haven't lost any domestic animals that serve a purpose to your families welfare. I love wildlife just the same as other true hunters, but thanks for your opinion. P.S. you should send me your professional training video on "Getting dogs to quick doing there job of alerting the caring owner that a scavenger is challenging your personal property and domestic animals," by Wyodeerhunter.

You think I'll GIVE you the video? Ha. Everyone wants something for nothing.

Send the 25 dollars and I'll send you the video (so hard not to crack a your mom joke here)

Thanks again nectar, some people dont get it or get when you are ignoring them. It is hard to have a battle of wits with and unarmed person, but you nectar have some other good options. I had a similar post in another section (elk) and there were some other good ideas as well thanks.

Nectar's got a lot of ideas because he's got the same problems. He's even got a whole prairie dog colony on his land. Badgers,foxes, p dogs, lions, yotes. He's like a mini torturer when it comes to this stuff.

Foxes love the family cat, chickens, ducks etc....

We have a nice looking red fox that loves to run up and down the fence line with my bloodhound. They love messing around together... They will stand nose to nose... Hound tail wagging away! Haha!

What is most hilarious, the fox can pivot on a dime... my hound? Well, picture bullwinkle spinning on a dime! - His darn skin, legs, ass keep going one direction while his mind really thinks he can keep up with the fox!
We have some pics - I'll see if I can get one popped here.

Another fun one are the deer that jump the fence... Again, the hound thinks he is super sly, as if he was trained by "kung fu panda himself! HAHA! He will slide on his belly towards the deer that are looking on laughing their ass off at him... they tease him... then off he goes when he thinks he is in range!

You think I'll GIVE you the video? Ha. Everyone wants something for nothing.

Send the 25 dollars and I'll send you the video (so hard not to crack a your mom joke here)

Dang wyo, you can take a thread southbound faster than Dickey Betts.

Sytes---Your Bloodhound sounds like a hoot. My Drathaar does the same thing on geese, squirrels, etc. and it's fun to watch him inch along like a cat and then take off when he thinks he has has them in range! The other comment on Wyo by noharleyyet was pretty much right on the money, LOL!!!

There is always live traps and set them free somewhere else. It may not be legal, but..... :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back