Caribou Gear

Forum Upgrade Coming

Actually, just clicking the thread link should take you to the first unread post in that thread, if you've viewed the thread before.
There is also a 'jump to new' button at the top right of the thread once opened, if there are new posts...maybe.

Cancel a post. If one starts to reply and changes their mind is there a way to undo it other than to post it and then delete it? A cancel button would be nice.

Cancel a post. If one starts to reply and changes their mind is there a way to undo it other than to post it and then delete it? A cancel button would be nice.
Can't you just hit the back button and be done with it? As long as you don't hit post reply it shouldn't matter what you had typed, you will just leave that page.

Can't you just hit the back button and be done with it? As long as you don't hit post reply it shouldn't matter what you had typed, you will just leave that page.

Doesn't seem to work that way. I was going to quote a post so the quoted text appeared. I changed my mind and hit the back button. Even after closing my browser [in this case FireFox] and re-opening the thread, the quoted text was still there. Seems to be the same thing at accurateshooter.com/6mm BR forums/fora. So complete the post and delete I guess.

Deleting the text works too.

Last edited:
In the editor is a floppy disk icon near the right side. Click that and then click Delete Draft.

Is it just me, or did the section showing who was online disappear?

An analogous functionality still exists. Click the drop down arrow next to members, and choose current visitors. In that window, choose members, and you can see all the HuntTalkers currently online and what they are viewing.

Yep, I know how to do that. It also changes as you go from one page to the next. I was just used to having the list over on the side where it was. Maybe I'm just lazy, it was quicker!

Always look to see if Big Fin is checking in,just like I check out the whole Sportsmans Warehouse every
time I go there just in case he stops in Phx. on his annual Az. run.Haven't seen him yet...:cool:

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks @Big Fin for hosting such a great forum. I like the new upgrades and appreciate the helpful community here 😊

Ran into something that might grab interest for others who used the "Private" photo albums. I had a few hunt areas presented on a map originally in a "Private" folder within the prior setting. I recently reviewed "Media" within the new structure and found my map in a general category along with other pictures I didn't know were present as I deleted them earlier. I don't know if the pics, when deleted in the old setting went into a cache or something... I am a rookie in the programming - all I can speak to are my observations.

Anyhow for what it is worth, if you've stored pics in the past and deleted or had private folders for albums, you may want to check and verify. Then again, I may have erred... and thought I deleted some pics that were not deleted and the "Private" folders remained in tact.

Ran into something that might grab interest for others who used the "Private" photo albums. I had a few hunt areas presented on a map originally in a "Private" folder within the prior setting. I recently reviewed "Media" within the new structure and found my map in a general category along with other pictures I didn't know were present as I deleted them earlier. I don't know if the pics, when deleted in the old setting went into a cache or something... I am a rookie in the programming - all I can speak to are my observations.

Anyhow for what it is worth, if you've stored pics in the past and deleted or had private folders for albums, you may want to check and verify. Then again, I may have erred... and thought I deleted some pics that were not deleted and the "Private" folders remained in tact.

Anyone else having issues with the site like can't open notifications, messages or reply to a post except by quoting it?

I have recently noticed that when I am in "new posts" and on page 2,3 or whatever page other than one, and I have read/skimmed all of the new posts on that thread, and am ready to go back to the next oldest thread, I oftentimes find myself on page 1 again, when I should have stayed on page 2,3 etc. This happens to me at work laptop (Chrome) and home laptop (Explorer). It just seems a little glitchy jumping back to page 1.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back