Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Football General Talk

The team earned the win and the fans can have their fun, but if you think for one second Shannahan wouldn't swap Purdy for Mahommes, Allen, Stroud, Hebert, Hurts or Burrow you are smoking something. Hell he tried to get Cousins at last Senior Bowl but would only give a 3rd and Vikes passed.
Maybe for Mahomes, but I don't think he would opt for any of the others. Seriously. The last two are way over rated, and, apparently, Purdy has the entire package. He makes that team go. Heber as proven he can't so far, Hurts is not the Hurts of old after thy year. Stroud maybe.

An interesting question that will be answered over the next 3 or 4 season . . . .

Will Prudy, with more experience, become more like a Brady (who did take a number of seasons to be a top 5 qb even after winning an early super bowl or two) or in the alternative, will he be viewed as more of a Flacco/Dilfer/Williams/Johnson/etc character? Good enough to win with a great team around him, but all in all just a bit above average at the job.

I could see it going either way and it will be fun to watch.

An interesting question that will be answered over the next 3 or 4 season . . . .

Will Prudy, with more experience, become more like a Brady (who did take a number of seasons to be a top 5 qb even after winning an early super bowl or two) or in the alternative, will he be viewed as more of a Flacco/Dilfer/Williams/Johnson/etc character? Good enough to win with a great team around him, but all in all just a bit above average at the job.

Interesting indeed.

There's a pretty good chance that this would be the kid's second Super Bowl had he not been hurt last year. That team was really rolling. But we will never know.
Right now, I believe he would be a top 5 this year on paper. I don't really follow that stuff, but what I've noticed in print suggests that he was statically a top-5 this year. It is very hard to name 5 that had a better year off the top of my head.

I believe Purdy doesn't have the outbursts of Brady. IMO, those outbursts accelerate his wins as one of the GOATs.
I believe, if Purdy continues and is QB groomed, he has the potential to be the next Joe Cool Montana.

Don't really follow pro ball that much, but of course rooting for Mahomes, as the closest Texas Tech will ever get to a championship of any form is vicariously through their old QB.

Purdy played tough at Iowa State, though.

Hopefully it's a good game.

The 9ers need to buy the Lions a really nice gift for Christmas next year. mtmuley
Come on man
The 49ers didn't make it to the Superbowl because of a lucky catch. They made it because they didn't fold after being punched in the face by their opponents best shot. You have to be on your feet swinging to land a punch.
For example the Cowboys are a better team than the packers but they fold like a cheep tent when punched in the mouth.
Honestly I'm surprised the 49ers are favored against the cheifs in the Superbowl but I hope they win against whining Kermit the frog and the swifties.

At this point I'm leaning S.F.
Just want a good game, which I think we will get.
Mahomes/ Kelce is a pretty awesome, guess I appreciate watching those two, clearly the best tandom in football. Both very durable players. BUT still lean to Purdy and crew knocking them off.

Come on man
The 49ers didn't make it to the Superbowl because of a lucky catch. They made it because they didn't fold after being punched in the face by their opponents best shot. You have to be on your feet swinging to land a punch.
For example the Cowboys are a better team than the packers but they fold like a cheep tent when punched in the mouth.
Honestly I'm surprised the 49ers are favored against the cheifs in the Superbowl but I hope they win against whining Kermit the frog and the swifties.
Nice. A Cowboys and Taylor Swift reference. Plus a Mahomes bash. You covered it. mtmuley

I have been a life long Lions fan. It was nice to see them nearly make it to the big show. Its the best year I've ever witnessed. I was sad yesterday for sure, but the fact that they made it this far finally and honestly damn near won that game. I cant be too mad about it.

The team earned the win and the fans can have their fun, but if you think for one second Shannahan wouldn't swap Purdy for Mahommes, Allen, Stroud, Hebert, Hurts or Burrow you are smoking something. Hell he tried to get Cousins at last Senior Bowl but would only give a 3rd and Vikes passed.
Maybe for two of those guys...

I have been a life long Lions fan. It was nice to see them nearly make it to the big show. Its the best year I've ever witnessed. I was sad yesterday for sure, but the fact that they made it this far finally and honestly damn near won that game. I cant be too mad about it.
I just watched the post game interviews and for anyone who hasn't started to like Dan Campbell I present you with.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back