Football General Talk

Great game last night. Any game that the Broncos, 49ers and Raiders lose is great.

Only thing better is if the Oregon Ducks loose to anyone..................

Great game... Has to be a humbling strike two for the 9ers. Purdy is ever the Steve Young of past 9ers. I wouldn't go as far to say he holds Big Joe potential though Brock has shown he is the real deal.

Cousins was firing on all cylinders!

As, I said earlier, last night's game was very entertaining.

I was talking to my brother this morning about the game, and we ended up talking about Purdy.

It is going to take more data points, but I think the Vikings showed an approach to limit Purdy's performance. They blitzed the hell out of the 49's. It contributed to forcing mistakes by the 49's offense. If I'm a defensive coordinator, I'd dial up the pass rush, play tight coverage and dare him to hit deeper throws and generally force him to into passes that expose his pedestrian arm strength. Similar but different to how teams try to force Russell Wilson to throw over the middle, exposing his lack of vision, due to his height.

The Vikes are under rated- just like their QB. If the O line gives Cousins just a little time, he makes good decisions and better throws. The Vikes played well last night. They can do that again.
Cousins is who is holding the Vikings back. He’s to inconsistent looking like an all pro one week and a rookie the next. He’s been that way his entire career.

The Vikes are under rated- just like their QB. If the O line gives Cousins just a little time, he makes good decisions and better throws. The Vikes played well last night. They can do that again.
People saying they may sneak into the playoffs. And good for Cousins who's struggled on SNF/MNF.

Colin Cowherd today did a hot take saying Cousins' trade value can't be any higher than right now, so trade him asap and maybe get a couple 2 rd picks to build for next year.

Apparently Shanahan's system has Purdy throwing to windows, which is great when it works but not if the receiver isn't there, or there are more def there than expected (obviously). A commentator today cited stats on how the 9ers offense hasn't been very successful in the 4th qtr, if down by 8+ points. 9ers will still do really well this year I'm sure, and Purdy's good, but for the moment more people are hitting the pause button on naming him MVP.

but for the moment more people are hitting the pause button on naming him MVP.
I had to look that up. I am surprised anyone would name him MVP with the likes of Hurts, Jackson, Mahomes, etc. I think he is great (esp for such fresh quality for $870,000 a year! Haha!) though MVP... Needs a few more notches though looking at his completion records alone and on specific downs and he i looking pretty darn good!

Maybe Russell Wilson sent him a case of that water with special properties.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back