Flying ram hunt.

That is the most amazing thing I have ever seen!!!! There are actally people stupid enough to bid $$$$ on Ebay for the right to shoot somebody's pen raised Goats/sheep/pigs.

Definitely this week's sign the Apocalypse is upon us. How lame does a person have to be to shoot someone's sheep in Texas???

Wow.... You got the world's greatest hunters down there in Texas...
rolleyes.gif
If they can just remember to bring "ammo that fires"... I guess in all the excitement of eating Yard Layered Eggs, one could easily forget to bring bullets...

I wonder if Capstick ever had to be reminded...
wink.gif

Here's the flying ram.

4b_1.jpg

I bet the guy who released him was thinking, "I hope he stops before going through the fence or over it."

He's several feet off the ground just coming out of the trailer there. Can your pet elk do that Elkgunner, I've seen them standing around up there? haha Like the one RMEF moves around restocking, maybe those can?

I don't know if Pet Elk can jump that high. I have never been close to one. I think the whole image of an Elk behind a High Fence is one of the most Obscene images around.

I have seen Hereford Cows do that before, but there is now way I would charge anybody to go hunt the cows in the Pasture. If we want something shot, we call in the Mobile Butcher, and he puts the Steer down, and we have Beef cut up. I had never thought there were people from Texas who would pay $$$$ to go shoot people's livestock for them...
rolleyes.gif

So you get what ? a $350 Texas "FLYING" dall sheep, 6-$50 hogs (Or free ones if you call anyone else in Texas.a)

I don't get what the $4000 is for ? Is it for the "& CAMPFIRE TALES!" ?

You know I'm not against Shooting a goat or sheep in a pen, but I just don't understand what you're paying for
confused.gif

Moosie,

Remind me to tell you the "campfire story" about the Sheep Hunt I was on last May....
wink.gif
I'll charge you less than $4000 to hear that story....
biggrin.gif

You know, the one where the "hunter" says "I shot him in the Vitals", while the sheep just stands there.....
rolleyes.gif
eek.gif

It hasn't made minimum bid yet at $590. You think it will take $4000? Elkgunner wants to send a mobile butcher, maybe that's the $4000. Is that it?

Gunner, I'd like to hear About that Adventure !!! Please post a story, I'm sure it would be "JUST" like I was there
wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>What are the odds of harvesting my trophy?

There are many factors that play into this. For instance, we had a hunter recently bring ammo that would not fire. He missed a real trophy as a result.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Note to high bidder: Bring ammo that fires.

Wow, this sounds like a real bargin
rolleyes.gif
: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>This is a $4000 hunt package, excluding airfare. For this auction only, this hunt will be sold regardless of its actual value!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One nugget of wisdom from that site, however:
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Are 4-wheelers provided?

Yes, however the noise alerts the animals to your presence, so they are used mainly for recreation and not hunting.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got a deer with a sky shot once. I think it had some northern blood in it.
rudolf.jpg

$4000 seems like a lot, but its got guides, food, lodging, multiple animals per person and is for 3 hunters and 3 days, so that mounts up, but $4000 would be a lot, if someone had to pay that much. Recreational 4 wheelers, you get that too. Maybe sky shots with a rifle are expensive, because of the safety factor there. Shotgun or bow might be cheaper for sky shots, eh?

Did that guy shoot his ram again? Did it fall? Did you hunt too or just go along?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-18-2003 06:57: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

Whats a SKY SHOT ? tom ,I'mnot understanding your post.... Or whatthe deer picture has to do with the topic ?

I'm ahhhhhh a little confused myself
confused.gif
...between the sky shots, flying sheep, penned elk, mobile butchers, and deer pic?? Wuzzzz Up?

Actually, I looked at the guy's "other auctions" and if I was bored (oftens happens post Christmas) and had two buddies that wanted to go and pop some caps it doesn't seem like a bad deal. $300 bucks (each) for 3days/2nights of shooting (no, not hunting)including flying livestock, a couple of hogs, unlimited (flying?) varmints and food and loding (do these guys actually make any money?)...course you'd still get those layered eggs and campfire tales
rolleyes.gif

MArVb, I'm always up for a "good" hunt (Or paying little money to shot a Barnyard Animal
tongue.gif

If you're board.. I'll be Slot 2 in your hunt
biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MarvB:
I'm ahhhhhh a little confused myself
confused.gif
...between the sky shots, flying sheep, penned elk, mobile butchers, and deer pic?? Wuzzzz Up?

Actually, I looked at the guy's "other auctions" and if I was bored (oftens happens post Christmas) and had two buddies that wanted to go and pop some caps it doesn't seem like a bad deal. $300 bucks (each) for 3days/2nights of shooting (no, not hunting)including flying livestock, a couple of hogs, unlimited (flying?) varmints and food and loding (do these guys actually make any money?)...course you'd still get those layered eggs and campfire tales
rolleyes.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I think you solved it. The other items for this auction show that its about $200-$300 per person to hunt there. I don't know where the $4000 came from, I was joking that maybe they had a fee to shoot "flying rams" in the sky. A sky shot is where you shoot in the sky. We have a federal and state duck stamp in this state, but its not needed for rams, so the only fee I know to hunt the flying ram is the $45 over the counter liscense.
Where's the $4000 come from? There is an 800 number to call for more information at their ebay listing.

Their other auctions look like $200-$300 per person for hogs. This one would likely be a little higher because of the flying ram being included but they don't tell us the reserve that is needed. Its still not met though.

biggrin.gif
Now I get it! Thanks Tom
wink.gif

...do you need decoys for flying rams???
What about calls? I hear that one of those spinning leg of mutton decoys are gonna be out on the market soon.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back