Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

FLUFFY !!!!

Moosie

Grand poopa
HAHA.. So we were leaving at 5:45 from the office today. Standing by the Front door Mike and Me were talking and I see something blow by the front window..

So I thought..

Mike says "LOOK AT THAT" !!!!

So, I look and it's a "RAT" !!!!!

Well.... I had 2 choices. Either Step on it and Smash it's head in..

Or catch it and Feed it and keep it as a pet.

Guess which one I did
smile.gif
HAHA !! It's eating HAm, drinking water and Munching on Granola in the Warm office with newspaper as bedding .

We called the Pet store and Talked to an Expert. He said to be carefull but if it's not Agressive to move slowly and they make good pets. I sure hope he/she doesn't chew through the Box's by the AM before I can buy a fish tank... Otherwise I'm deleting this post, deleteing the Pictures, And denying that I left a "RAT" in the Office from the Outside on Purpose !!!!
biggrin.gif

MEET FLUFFY Our new office pet !!

fluffy.sized.jpg

fluffy1.sized.jpg

fluffy2.sized.jpg

fluffy3.sized.jpg

fluffy4.sized.jpg

fluffy5.sized.jpg

Yep, looks to be a genuine downtown Boise sewer rat.

With a little work, you could have him whistle trained to do those long retrieves. That will give Gunner some competition.

T-bone, I asked the Guy if it was a Pet. He said it could be, but Wild rats have that color too. So... I'm not sure. HAve you seen a Rat in Boise Before ? I didn't know we had them. But Apperently Boise does !!!
eek.gif

ANyways, Rats only live for 3 years... So Gunner won't have compitition for to long
wink.gif

Moosie-
I used to own a (now officially bankrupt) pet and feed store, and I can tell you rats are absolutely the BEST small animal pet- smart, clean, and I never saw one bite anyone.
I'd suspect he'll chew his way out of that box in short order- get him either the fish tank (large), or a wire cage.

my cousins in california had a rat as a pet. i was sleeping on their couch one night and one of them put that rat on me and it was crawling around, it woke my up and i threw that little fugger across the room she just picked it up and played with it i dont think it was even spooked. i was though

Yukon, My worry is

1. It's not a Tame one and It has some Sickness.

2. It chews out before Morning and I spend the first hour of the Day Crawling around the floor looking for it not getting paid
wink.gif

I'm going to Buy a Big Tank tomorrow to put it in if It's still around. We didn't set it ouside in the Box because we were afraid it would get cold. We're Dorks, I know
smile.gif

Sorry to tarnish my image here, gentlemen...but that is one of the two things in this world that scare the shiite out of ol' Roguey here!
eek.gif

Friggin' spiders are the other. Snakes don't bother me one way or the other.

I have another phobia, but this is neither the time or place for that discussion!
biggrin.gif

-RW-

Moosie-
I don't really think you need to worry too much about it carrying any sickness. As I said- they are VERY clean animals.
And don't worry if it escapes during the night- when you go to the pet store tomorrow, just buy a Python, instead.
smile.gif

We had a 12 footer that LOVED rats...

title.jpg

cute.gif

ad.gif

rjo0533l.jpg

3656299_F_tn.jpg

persianrats2.gif

I Love Rats
Wo Yeah
Love 'em wearing hats
Wo Yeah
Love 'em in my trousers
Wo Yeah
Make me yell "Yowzehs!"
Wo Yeah

Gotta love rats
Wo Yeah
Hear their pitty-pats
Wo Yeah
On the dinner table
Wo Yeah
Wherever they're able
Wo Yeah

Ratty-rat rats
Wo Yeah
Peering through the slats
Wo Yeah
Nino, Nyx, & Nana
Wo Yeah
Begging a bannana
Wo Yeah

Better than ants
Wo yeah
Squirmin' in my pants
Wo yeah
I even love their pee-oh
Wo yeah
And my rats love me-oh!

Well.... Fluffy is still here
smile.gif
Made a Nice bed out of his newspaper and Ate all his fod and Ripped apart his Styro. cup we put in for water.

He's all fed again and doing well.. Thanx for your concern
biggrin.gif

Moosie-
Well, if that's a wild rat, it isn't like any I've ever seen before. First, it isn't biting at all or going crazy- try to imagine a squirrel put in the same position. Second, it's way lighter in color than any wild rat I know of.
Did you get him some better digs, yet?

No better Digs yet.. But ......
shhh.gif
shhh.gif
He's sleeping right now.

HEHE...

Anyways, I' going to get him/her a new house toady sometime.

I actually talked to a "RAT EXPERT". He said that Rats, Wild aswell, come in all colors, the sterio type BLACK SEWER RAT, is a False one.

That being said, It's Way tame (It seems) and non Agressive so I'm sure it was a tame one. If it showed any agression at all I wouldn't have taken the chance.

Isn't anyone going to remark about the third pic? "Moosie, you don't have to breast feed the rat...he's full grown." There, that's a reasonable start.
biggrin.gif

He does certainly seem tame enough.

Back