Nostalgia aint worth a sh*t Tom.

Feels bad, man.

I’m surprised that flat area isn’t a homeless camp/ cesspool of garbage. I feel like I havent found a single beautiful place in Wester Oregon that they haven’t ruined

My where/when was Playalinda beaches in the late 80’s. There were 16 or 17 beaches all in a row. I would drive out from Orlando at 4:00 am to go surf fishing if the tide was right.

If I didn’t catch anything I just moved on to the next beach, finally making my way down towards the last beaches.

One morning I was standing there with no bait left and a pyramid sinker tied to my line at about 9:00 am when I heard a couple doors slam from over the dune. Then a couple more. I turned to see a half dozen college aged beauties heading my way over the wooden causeway.
I quickly cast the pyramid as far out as I could and sat back in my beach chair to watch.

Since I was there first, I did not seem to threaten them so they simply laid out their towels, disrobed and went about seasoning their golden brown skin.
I did not get a bite for almost 2 hours but I stuck it out.
Some time between 10:30 and 11:00 I could hear loud music and some shouting approaching from the South. The boys were getting out of bed.
The ladies and I were almost back to our cars before the blurry eyed boys came around the last corner.
I told the boys I didn’t catch any, but I saw a few.

I didn’t waste any more time at the first dozen beaches and I didn’t catch many fish either, but I tried almost every weekend.
If any of you lives in central Florida around Titusville, I would be interested in a fishing report. No pics req’d.

My where/when was Playalinda beaches in the late 80’s. There were 16 or 17 beaches all in a row. I would drive out from Orlando at 4:00 am to go surf fishing if the tide was right.

If I didn’t catch anything I just moved on to the next beach, finally making my way down towards the last beaches.

One morning I was standing there with no bait left and a pyramid sinker tied to my line at about 9:00 am when I heard a couple doors slam from over the dune. Then a couple more. I turned to see a half dozen college aged beauties heading my way over the wooden causeway.
I quickly cast the pyramid as far out as I could and sat back in my beach chair to watch.

Since I was there first, I did not seem to threaten them so they simply laid out their towels, disrobed and went about seasoning their golden brown skin.
Some time between 10:30 and 11:00 I could hear loud music and some shouting approaching from the South. The boys were getting out of bed.
The ladies and I were almost back to our cars before the blurry eyed boys came around the last corner.

I didn’t waste any more time at the first dozen beaches and I didn’t catch many fish either, but I tried almost every weekend.
If any of you lives in central Florida around Titusville, I would be interested in a fishing report. No pics req’d.
Don't go back. Just enjoy the memories.

Great story! I might have been at the same scenario 50 years ago but I don't remember much from 50 years ago. If you remember the 60's, you weren't there.
I remember Miss Marla, but not much else.......and don't care to.

had some luck myself on the E side of the Mosquito Lagoon several years back. thanks for the memory

Feels bad, man.

I’m surprised that flat area isn’t a homeless camp/ cesspool of garbage. I feel like I havent found a single beautiful place in Wester Oregon that they haven’t ruined
Burnside skatepark. Portland…
Just as awesome as the day it was built.. 😂🤣

Attachments

• 5E57CAD8-95CB-4E1D-845F-0BD6AC93F778.png
    5E57CAD8-95CB-4E1D-845F-0BD6AC93F778.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 81C42929-1002-4ADE-8678-BAF3F9F8A40E.png
    81C42929-1002-4ADE-8678-BAF3F9F8A40E.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
  • F0A19B9C-D51D-4626-A763-290ED3AD6DFE.png
    F0A19B9C-D51D-4626-A763-290ED3AD6DFE.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 10