Fleeing California

I had a long talk yesterday with a mobile notary that does work for a local title company here in the SF bay area. He said he's seeing a lot of people that are leaving the state and Idaho and Texas are the top destinations currently. It's telling that I don't see myself leaving for quite a while but I'm concerned with the negative impact these transplants are going to have on places I like to hunt/visit.

I had a long talk yesterday with a mobile notary that does work for a local title company here in the SF bay area. He said he's seeing a lot of people that are leaving the state and Idaho and Texas are the top destinations currently. It's telling that I don't see myself leaving for quite a while but I'm concerned with the negative impact these transplants are going to have on places I like to hunt/visit.
That is my concern too. In areas I have seen change in my lifetime did so after a mass migration from New York or California. The Denver/Boulder suburbs are a prime example. While the inner city was always liberal minded, the suburbs were conservative. Not so anymore and now Denver is experiencing the same problems San Francisco and Portland are. And to top that off, camping and fishing areas are getting trashed bad.

The “California cancer” is spreading like wildfire. They bring their poison politics and are sure that it will work this time, “because that’s how we did it in Cali”. They are pouring into Texas at mind boggling rate. (At least that’s my anecdotal observation, I have no real stats or hard facts to back my negativity). They are easy to dislike, probably more so than us beer swilling, lead slinging, road hunting Texans.

Missoula on the Brazos.
Austin is actually on the Colorado, not the Brazos, but Austin is already about as close to Cali as it can get. The Austin City Council just voted to defund the Austin PD by $150 million so....

P.S. we're already bracing for more with Tesla coming to town. We already have too many Californians.

Interesting to see the people from California around town. Many don't even try to blend in. They wear the "Cali" hats and T-shirts. As if they are bragging about being from there. I guess they don't understand that most people see that and want them to go back. :LOL:

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back