FL Die and shoulder measuring

Thank you. So if my Nosler case is 2.05 and my shoulder is at 2.07 or 2.08 am I good as long as it falls into the Lyman headspace gauge? I’ll be shooting all these and will use your process next time.
.01 is 1 hundredth. .001 is 1 thousandth. Make sure you have that right. .010” is excessive headspace and potentially dangerous.

Really doesn't matter what the Nosler case is/was. Just bump the shoulder back .002 -.003 after firing in your rifle. And make sure the bolt closes fairly easy, do not force it.

Really doesn't matter what the Nosler case is/was. Just bump the shoulder back .002 -.003 after firing in your rifle. And make sure the bolt closes fairly easy, do not force it.
Like I said. It’s too late for that. I’ve resized all my fired brass. I just need to get the shoulder to a measurement that is safe. I’m starting to feel like I need to just buy new brass because I don’t know if what I have sized is ok. You all are saying to size off fired brass. I don’t have any. All I have is factory ammo to go off of.

Like I said. It’s too late for that. I’ve resized all my fired brass. I just need to get the shoulder to a measurement that is safe. I’m starting to feel like I need to just buy new brass because I don’t know if what I have sized is ok. You all are saying to size off fired brass. I don’t have any. All I have is factory ammo to go off of.
If you're brass has a shoulder that measures longer than the factory loads did, you should be far from the danger zone even if it isn't perfection. I'd personally use it without concern, measure the fired brass, and go from there.

I posted Erik's vid for informational purposes for folks that want to shoulder bump accurately. SAFE, no such thing really if you think about it. I have for years and thousands of rounds only neck sized, no FL at all. Never had a problem cycling a single round in 300WSM, 270WSM, .03-60, and .243. De-prime, wet tumble, one-shot, neck size, prep, reload.

I posted Erik's vid for informational purposes for folks that want to shoulder bump accurately. SAFE, no such thing really if you think about it. I have for years and thousands of rounds only neck sized, no FL at all. Never had a problem cycling a single round in 300WSM, 270WSM, .03-60, and .243. De-prime, wet tumble, one-shot, neck size, prep, reload.
What is a 03-60 ??

If you can reload over and over just by neck sizing and never have an issue closing your bolt then you’re doing something differently than I. With a 308Win, I can close the bolt with effort(I broke the handle off during a match once. Match over for me). With anything larger than a 308 Win it gets to the point that I can’t even do it.

That’s not to say that you aren’t telling the truth, but you either A) aren’t loading very hot, or B) aren’t doing it in a Remington 700(the only thing I’ve ever tried only neck sizing with). It’s entirely possible that your experience is different from mine, but it’s also an undeniable fact that my experience is applicable to a lot of shooters who reload.

I have cases with over 30 reloads on them. I did have to run them through a body die a couple times though.

Back