Fishing the Kenai

JohnSWA

Senior Thread Mover
Hey guys, it's been a while but I thought I'd show you some pics from a float trip I went on during the week of Sept 15th through the 22nd.

Alaska is truly heaven on earth and when you get an opportunity to float the Kenai River for 8 days straight, you don't hesitate!

Here's a few pics my trip of a lifetime! Notice that I have my arms in and not out to make the fish look bigger like some folks do. These fish are enormous!!

My biggest bow easily over 25 inches
P9210990.jpg

A sweet Dolly Varden
P9210993.jpg

A Jimmy Houston shot
P9221003.jpg

I just love the colors of the Dolly Varden
P9170957.jpg

My friend Mike and "Buddy" the 100# Golden on a single cataraft
P9170959.jpg

Here's Ricky. He's finished the Iditarod 4 times! What a hog dolly!
P9220999.jpg

Finally a picture that truly represents Alaska's beauty!
P9220998.jpg

Man, that looks awesome! Did you go with an outfitter? If so, what is thier info...

I was lucky enough to meet a guy through www.outdoorsdirectory.com

I took the lil Mrs on a cruise up the inside passage this summer under the contingency that we'd rent an RV and fish the Russian River for Reds and Homer for Halibut. I went to this Alaska hunting/fishing website and met lots of folks that were willing to lend out gear and help out with any information to make the trip easier!

One guy lent me a few the tackle I needed as long as I gave him what I didn't want to pack home. I gave him a good sized cooler, 2 pair of hip waders, restrung his reels and various flies, etc... the things I didn't want to lug on an airplane. Chuck, the other guy, lent me his knowledge and kept me steered in the right direction for the Reds and who to use for a charter in Homer.

I took chuck and his wife out to dinner to thank him for his hospitality and he invited me out for a float trip down the Kenai! You can't say know to an offer like that!!

I met a lot of really neat guys and I've made some great friends. In my experience, the folks in Alaska never treat you like a stranger and a little courtesy and respect goes a long way!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back