First Western Hunt-Success

shootist

My brother and I did a DIY archery mule deer hunt in Southern WY. We had never hunted the west before. We saw some nice ones and we each shot a smallish buck. I'm sure neither of us will shoot deer this small on future hunts, but for our for DIY western hunt, we were thrilled.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 811
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 808
Last edited:
Congrats , western hunt is the best , period . Two good eating bucks you got there . It's not always about big horns , glad you had fun because that's the most important thing is the memories

never apologize for the size of the buck, if its legal and your happy that's all that matters! good job way to stick'em

cc23454,

I wasn't apologizing. We were both very happy with our bucks. I was just stating that now I got my feet wet, I would try to shoot larger bucks. I've been hunting whitetails since I was a little kid, but I am definitely a rookie when it comes to muleys. We had a blast!

Archery hunting is hard enough as it is. The trophy is in the eye of the beholder. No need to apologize, I would be more than happy to harvest any buck in a zone I have never been to on an Archery hunt.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back