first time pronghorn hunt

whitetailer

I am going on my first pronghorn hunt late October and I am so excited. I got surprised for my 12 year old birthday. Best present ever. Can't wait to fly out west and go pronghorn hunting. Keep you posted.

Your going to have a great time.Practice practice and practice some more with long range shooting at the range.I took my son last year and he was getting discouraged with some misses.Shooting can be a little tough but there's lots of antelope.Alot of time at a local gun range is a necessity for antelope.They are super fun to hunt though.You definitely have great parents

Your going to have a great time.Practice practice and practice some more with long range shooting at the range.I took my son last year and he was getting discouraged with some misses.Shooting can be a little tough but there's lots of antelope.Alot of time at a local gun range is a necessity for antelope.They are super fun to hunt though.You definitely have great parents
This! Practice off sticks, bipod, or whatever means of a rest you will be using and prone. But most of all, have fun and soak it in! Good luck!

Some elbow and knee pads and heavy leather gloves could make your hunt a lot more fun if it's in an area with lots of cactus. Practice shooting a lot, but remember, there is always a way to get closer to the antelope. Don't feel pressured to shoot farther than you feel comfortable. Have fun, you are going to see a lot of antelope and have many chances!! Stop to look around once in a while and enjoy being out on the prairie! Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back