First Ski Trip '07-'08

Canoe

Bogus Basin finally opened a few days ago. It's been a long time coming with the late opening this year, and Zach and I got to ski Sunday. It was pretty crowded, but we had a great time. It snowed most of the day, but not enough to really hurt visibility.

Here's Zach in front of the Alpine sign:

firsttrip07-4.jpg

Zach is only four, but he has skiied a bunch since he was 2 1/2. That being said, it took a few minutes before he got the hang of it again. After that, it was smooth sailing. Here he is going nice and easy:

firsttrip07-2.jpg

Ok, make sure to keep those arms out for balance!!!

firsttrip07-3.jpg

It was a great day on the slopes. I am really stoked that the snow finally decided to make an appearance....

Anyone else here ski?

gotta like the "pizza - pizza ---- pizza --- french fries -----french fries --- pizza --- pizza " as they go from snowplow to straight line.

those pics bring back memories of my girls, not too many years ago.....

Unless I am on water, skis scare me. Never learned how. Tried the snowboarding thing a few times. Spent more time on my butt than on the board.

We're glad to finally have some snow. It was hell to watch the snowstorms across the country while we stayed dry in November. We are at it now though, we will ski a couple of times a week until spring.

Haven't skied for a few years. Used to ski alot when we lived in Utah. Might have to take the 3 year old this year. Looks like you and your boy had a blast.

skiing is second only on my list of outdoor favorites to chasing critters and since we moved back west my wife was nice enough to sponsor my madness on sticks (season pass at bogus). I made it up a couple of times last year, but since my boss thinks I'm supposed to work, I missed the opening, did make an xmas eve trip though, and there's nothing like it to give the legs a workout..I can almost walk normally again. Nice to see you getting the young'n out early, I've promised my 5 year old a lessson this year, now that we have snow, I can hardly wait to see him.

I drive by Arrowhead, Beaver Creek and Kinda Vail everyday, yet I only go snowboarding about once a year anymore. Just bored with skiing and snowboarding, not to mention just to darn expensive. I should try and scam some freebies and get up there.

Z' I ski, And I really need to get the Boys Up. I should have went Thursday when it was Free pass day :) I'm not wealthy like you..... Sjiing seems to be dang expensive any more , thats what I like about hunting, doesn't cost so much... ;)

We need to do poker or talk Dinger into buying lunch again :D

Z' I ski, And I really need to get the Boys Up. I should have went Thursday when it was Free pass day :) I'm not wealthy like you..... Sjiing seems to be dang expensive any more , thats what I like about hunting, doesn't cost so much... ;)

We need to do poker or talk Dinger into buying lunch again :D

Dude, it's only expensive if you miss the sales. I buy my pass in the spring for $199, and kids under 7 get a free season pass. You could buy your whole family a season pass for $799 during the spring sale.

Since that didn't happen for you this year, just go after 4pm for night skiing. Stop by and fill up your truck at Chevron on the way up and they will give you a voucher good for $10 night lift tickets and $10 rentals each for up to 4 people. Add another $10 for each kid if you want them to get a lesson. Check it out here: http://www.bogusbasin.org/tickets-season-passes/tickets/chevron-bonus-nights.aspx You spend more than that on choc shakes on your hunting trips.

As far as me being wealthy, it's just not true. Your current checking account balance is probably more than I make in a year. You can definately afford it if I can!

Let me know when you are done making excuses and we will see you up there. We are game just about any time.

went again today. took a spill and landed hard on my left shoulder. snap, broken clavical. please heap pity heavily,it took me a ten minutes to type this with one hand.

ouch...how long till you're released? at least it wasn't during hunting season, it would suck to pull a bow or shoot with that apparatus on.

Do we have to nickname ya Sonny Bono. I hope you get well quick.;)

I lived on flatland for many years. Only skiing done there was cross country. If I had done that I still would have ran into a tree.:D

Back