First Public Land Buck

Bob Vetter

Well this has been a long time in the making, I managed a few days off to chase whitetail in a large tract of public walk in only land.

I got this guy with my bow while ground hunting at 12 yards. To date its my largest bow buck and my best buck overall. He's been fighting and broke off one of his G2's and knocked the tips off the double brow he has on the left side. He's got good mass all the way through and I am tickled to death I got him.

I will say this forum and show has really made a difference in the way I hunt now and the proof is in the pudding !

BobPublicLandBuck.jpg

PubliclandBuck-1.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking buck, congrats! I'm hoping to find one just like him in the next few weeks.

Getting under 20 yards on the ground, greatest feeling in the world. Every sense is in kill mode, and focus is at it's peak.

Great job. Great buck.

Thank you all for the kind words, It was one of the most exciting hunts I've done !

Been working hard on still hunting and stalking with my bow and its been one of the toughest and most rewarding hunting experiences I've had. I now prefer it :cool:

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back