Caribou Gear Tarp

First post.... Prairie Chicken Chronicles

Smenning

Thought I would share a picture from a recent chicken hunt in SD. This was my first time hunting them and let me tell you it's one wary, tenacious bird. When the stars align and everything comes together they sure are a lot of fun to hunt! Hard to beat hunting the wide open grasslands with your best friend and a few Brittanys.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,105
Awesome! Those are some cool birds. I was amazed at how far they'd fly after flushing before settling back down. Well done!

They definitely don't give you too many opportunities to get good dog work on them after an initial flush… I haven't eaten one yet got them vacuum sealed and in the freezer I'm assuming they'll be similar to sharpies

Great looking dogs. My life list includes hunting those things. Chukars open in Utah tomorrow and it's forecast to be an epic year.

Thanks, very happy/tired dogs... It's a bucket list hunt for sure! Chukars are some of my favorite good luck!

Nice. Love hunting those birds and Sharpies. Haven't been back to the National Grasslands for the last two years. Maybe next year.

good luck to all
the dog

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back