MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

First on a Fly!

MKotur325

Awesome Weather this past weekend. A few fish from Sunday. Some Highlights from a 20-25 fish day including a rarity on a fly...

First Fish of the day. Nice brown, and what a way to start!

A bit better. Both of these browns came out of about 18" of water. Nice fish for skinny water!

Best bow of the day. Swapped over for Nymphs and ended up with this nice 18" bow.

Best brown of the day. Major fail with the camera... Oh well. About a 19" brown on a stonefly nymph. 12th fish of the day, before noon.

Then came the surprise! Biggest fish of the day, and a first on a fly.

Hooked a heavy fish, Saw a big long flash of Gold in the bottom of the run and thought. "Wow! That's a 22" Brown!!" Got another look at it and thought "Wait a sec... That's not a brown, what the heck is that?!?!" Get it close to find...

A 23" Sucker. Haven't caught a sucker since my worm drowning days. Still good fun, and happy to catch something different.

Nice post. Glad to see you're taking advantage of this spring (summer?) weather. I hope to get out soon. The ski hills are closed. That will help me.
I pick up suckers all the time. You are just finally getting your fly down deep enough!

First sucker on a fly?! You haven't lived until you've caught one on a dry! Blew my mind the first time that happened. I'm not sure why people give suckers such a bad rap, they get big and fight hard.

Wow, my youngest son would be in heaven fishing out there.He's only 8 but loves to fish.He'll spend hours fishing sunnies.I could only imagine if he had some decent trout fishing available.He gets some little natives in a stream by the house but they are at best 6-8"
Looks like you had a nice view during your fishing to.I imagine you guys out west release most of your fish.Here in Pa people try and see how many they can stuff in their freezer each spring

Very nice, you are so lucky living where you do.

I have just been taken Czech nymphing, not for me but you catch loads of fish!

Cheers

Richard

First sucker on a fly?! You haven't lived until you've caught one on a dry! Blew my mind the first time that happened. I'm not sure why people give suckers such a bad rap, they get big and fight hard.

That would be an experience there! No complaints about the sucker really. It was the biggest fish of the day, and a cool catch.

This was one of the deepest spots I've ever nymphed. I had 10' of leader to the lead and my indicator and about 3' of fly line were sunk to get the flys deep enough to get this sucker.

Definately would be cool to take one on a dry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back